Fishing and Dock Talk > General Discussion

What do you use for a transom saver?

(1/2) > >>

PhishingPhreek:
I have a 225 Mercury Outboard and I'm looking into a new transom saver. The one I currently use magically broke a few years ago while at the upholster shop. I've gotten to work since them because I wasn't using the boat much, but now that I'm going out a few times a month I would like one that won't snap out of nowhere...

Historically I've always used these types of savers: Attwood Heavy Duty Transom Saver

But I've been leaning towards getting one of these types.... Attwood OMC Swivl-Eze Lock N' Stow

What do you use on your boat? Has anyone used both of these and like one over the other?

Razor:
I have the swivl-eze one on current boat, had the other one on a previous boat. I prefer the swivl-eze  because it doesn't transfer all the impact from the trailer to the outboard. 

PhishingPhreek:

--- Quote from: Razor on April 30, 2018, 03:01 PM ---I have the swivl-eze one on current boat, had the other one on a previous boat. I prefer the swivl-eze  because it doesn't transfer all the impact from the trailer to the outboard. 

--- End quote ---

How long have you had it? What's your experience with the rubber stoppers getting ruined? That seems to be the biggest complaint with people who gave it negative reviews. Sometimes I can't trust someone who gives a purchase 1 star when the only complaint they supply is one piece of a product.

OneBlade:
I use swvl ease as well. Works fine, smaller than the other one and less parts

PhishingPhreek:

--- Quote from: OneBlade on April 30, 2018, 03:37 PM ---I use swvl ease as well. Works fine, smaller than the other one and less parts

--- End quote ---

How long have you been using yours?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version