Author Topic: Crappiethon?  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Crappiethon?
« on: February 22, 2011, 12:30 PM »
When I was a kid, we used to have a crappiethon tourney at Roosevelt.  There was a bunch of tagged fish put into the lake, and if you caught one of them, you got a prize.  I remember some prizes were pretty big, like a bass boat.  Does anyone remember that?  What ever happen to it?  Is there anything like that going on today in Arizona?

Rocko
Rocky

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Crappiethon?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Man! A tagged crappie in Rosey? That's gotta be (literally) a 1:1,000,000 chance!

Tourneys seem to be difficult to do these days for insurance reasons. I'm not actually aware of any crappie tourneys in AZ at this time... though, I'm sure someday we wouldn't mind getting something like that together. Could be fun to have true tournaments. :)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:35 AM »
I remember something about that at rosy way back in the day, but they tagged like 50 fish? and with like 10 million estimated crappie in the lake I figured it was easier to win the lottery? bet Art C. remembers that, seems like waterdog willies was in on that along with other bait fishing shops
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sandman

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:28 AM »
They also had it on several lakes in Texas. You bought a 'chance' for a buck or two and it was good all season. You bought the tag 'just in case' you caught one of the tagged fish. Every year there were people that actually caught tagged fish.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal