Author Topic: Any ideas similar to an ice fishing peg?  (Read 6174 times)

Offline Azstick_and_string

Re: Any ideas similar to an ice fishing peg?
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 08:56 PM »
All are viable options and clearly there is more than one way to skin a cat. Tombstone's reel is exactly what I was envisioning...now to see if I can find em. In the mean time I'm going to try Art' s method and see if I can get lucky.

Thanks again to everyone that gave suggestions.

Offline o from wi

• AZCA Members
  • snow bird
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 05:04 AM »
The marks are on my braid main line and if I break off it's my flouro leader thus not affecting my marks. ......Art
Sorry Art, I was unawear you used a braid main line. This system sure saves a lot of TIME and agravation.
Never trust a man who doesn't drink!

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 06:23 AM »
I have had two of these for quite some time.  They have two pins on opposite sides of the spool. You pop one up when you are at a depth you think might be productive.  If you hook one, you reel it in with line winding around the pin.  Then when you open the bail again it goes back to the exact same depth again.  I am pretty sure I got these reels from Bass Pro but do not remember for sure.  The reels are marked "Bill Dance Crappie Series 10" and have an apparent model number of BDCDL10 on the side.  Trouble is, since reading this thread I have tried to Google up the name and model number of the reels with no success.  Maybe they don't make them anymore but that would be too bad. These reels would seem to be just the ticket for some of the people following this thread.  If anybody finds a place to get them, please post that information.  I would like to get several more myself.

I looked around and found this.....Looks like it was a Zebco model made for Bill Dance. Can't find them for sale anywhere. Reviews on crappie.com were mixed, and way back in '05
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Tombstone King

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 11:41 AM »
That looks to be the same as the two reels I have.  I would give mine rave (not mixed) reviews.  I sure would like to find them for sale again somewhere.

Offline KINGFISHER

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 09:04 AM »
I've seen them under the name Zebco Slab Seeker, but no one appears to have them in stock. :dontknow:
“In my circle of old friends there is no clear line between religion and crappie fishing”

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal