Author Topic: 05/25/2018  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Azstick_and_string

05/25/2018
« on: May 26, 2018, 09:28 PM »
I went out to Bartlett yesterday for the first time in 2 years. I tried pulling jigs and also gave long lining a try. I'm guessing i'm doing something wrong as I was hardly even hooking into bass (not that i wanted to), but either way not a single crappie that way. I fished under a light last night at two different spots around the flats and only put one crappie in the boat. I didn't grab minnows, but I don't know how much that would have helped either. I know at least one other boat caught a few. Has anyone else had any success?

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: 05/25/2018
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 11:20 AM »
I was out there on May 25th also with a buddy of mine. We got there around 7:00 and were off the water by 12:30. We only managed to catch 5 crappie total and we had to work hard to find them. We fished in 4 different parts of the lake where I've had success and only caught them out by the flats.
A few weeks ago I went night fishing out by the Flats and only caught 3. We had hundreds and hundreds of shad swimming around the boat, but the bite just wasn't there. I think they've gone down deeper now.

When did you get out there on the 25th?

Offline Azstick_and_string

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 08:02 AM »
I got there around 10ish. We shot right to the rock wall near the flats and fished between there and the river the whole day. I don't know how much ill be at Bartlett this year,  but if I get out again ill let you know. I'm hoping to hit Alamo next weekend. I've never been, so expectations arnt to high.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 04:43 PM »
I got there around 10ish. We shot right to the rock wall near the flats and fished between there and the river the whole day. I don't know how much ill be at Bartlett this year,  but if I get out again ill let you know. I'm hoping to hit Alamo next weekend. I've never been, so expectations arnt to high.

probably have Alamo all to yourself especially during the day just remember it is normally hotter there than it is in valley and there ain't much out that way other than the lake and store.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal