Author Topic: New to this forum. When is best time to fish for crappie?  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Barry

New to this forum, wanted to try crappie fishing, trying to find out best place near Scottsdale and any tips
Thanks
Barry
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 04:38 PM by Barry »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: New to this forum. When is best time to fish for crappie?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 06:21 PM »
With the weather heating the crappie are probably moving out to deeper water but ya never know.  Near Scottsdale, you could head to Bartlett Lake it had some great crappie fishing this late spring.  We do larger events open to non-club members in the fall and spring - just keep an eye on the website in Sept and March to get details.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 04:08 AM »
with the heat coming on a lot of people are switching to night fishing under lights, Bartlett and Roosevelt are both good choices for night fishing and no crowds
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 10:17 AM »
With being in Scottsdale, Bartlett is great lake for crappie if you want to make a quick trip. You can still find them during the day, but the water temp is going up and they're getting deeper. Night fishing is going to be the way to go. With how low the lake is right now, I would suggest hitting the lake during the day and getting familiar with it before going out at night.

For a good full day trip, Roosevelt is great.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal