Author Topic: 06-08-18  (Read 3537 times)

Offline Azstick_and_string

06-08-18
« on: June 10, 2018, 08:23 AM »
My brother in law and I hit Alamo for the first time ever Friday.  We got there at 2pm and fished until 230am. We were on crappie all day with a few other species mixed in. Trolling 1/8 oz jigs at .9mph worked for us during the day and minnows under a light did the trick at night. The majority of the fish were in the 10-11" range with my BIL catching the biggest of the day at 15".

It's a long haul to get to Alamo,  but we'll have to visit a few times a year with the success we had.  I have to thank tritoon  for the helpful tips that made our experience so much better,  so thank you sir.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: 06-08-18
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 09:03 PM »
Remember they have those nice a/c cabins there for like $60 per day so you could fish till you drop then go crash in a nice cool place and then head home

thanks for the report
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 09:20 PM »
Nice job Wade, as always, your a class act and great representative for the club. Thanks for the report Az-Stick, great job.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Azstick_and_string

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:13 AM »
I haven't looked inside the cabins, but AC sounds wonderful this time of year. We opted to spend the night on the pontoon as we usually do. Its not the most comfortable, but its cheap.

No problem, hopefully successful reports continue.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal