Author Topic: July 2018 Meeting - Lake Mary  (Read 1980 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
Re: July 2018 Meeting - Lake Mary
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 11:19 AM »
It was an awesome weekend.  From Rats making the call on the camping spot, to the leaving at Sunday temps of 69 degrees.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2018, 11:25 AM »
I also thought Menrats impersonation of the drummer for Bruce Springsteen's band playing Born in the USA was spot on as well.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 02:23 PM »
I just read the report and it sounds like you guys had a ball! The report made me tired so I have to go take a nap now! ......Art

Offline FishMan

• AZCA Members
  • Toot-Toot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2018, 08:15 PM »
In 5 traps with a 23 hour soak and 24 total Walmart hotdogs as bait, we caught well over 100 pounds of crawdads and many very nice size. Figure we cooked 30 pounds, gave another 20 to a nice family, and set free the remaining 50.  Extra cool bonus was getting to use two of Brianís old traps.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 05:40 AM »
That's amazing that many crawfish in such a short time, I noticed alot of them were big. When I used to go the crawfish festival in Heber you could always tell the ones caught local compared to ones shipped in they were like small lobsters.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books