Author Topic: Plez 6/16  (Read 6922 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Plez 6/16
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2018, 04:42 PM »
saw two little 1 1/2" white crappie floating dead Wednesday after the stripers had come through destroying what I thought were all shad :dontknow: catch nice size in the spring both black and white but after that I am chasing stripers so I don't work at the crappie fishing. Occasionally catch nice size ones on spoons during the summer it is amazing how deep the bigger crappie hide to avoid the stripers have caught several where the air bladder is in their mouth almost like lg. mouths at times.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 04:44 PM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2018, 04:51 PM »
saw two little 1 1/2" white crappie floating dead Wednesday after the stripers had come through destroying what I thought were all shad :dontknow: catch nice size in the spring both black and white but after that I am chasing stripers so I don't work at the crappie fishing. Occasionally catch nice size ones on spoons during the summer it is amazing how deep the bigger crappie hide to avoid the stripers have caught several where the air bladder is in their mouth almost like lg. mouths at times.

How deep would you think is "too deep" to catch a crappie? I found some beautiful structure at 90' in Humbug when I was striper fishing back there last week.  I know they won't necessarily be that deep, but if the structure/trees are down there, would they maybe go? If I can catch crappie at Plez, I'll take that over stripers any day.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 03:06 PM »
I think the deepest I have caught a crappie on a spoon at pleasant was 55' and it was near the bottom and it's air bladder was in its mouth have had that happen several times.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 03:45 PM »
55' in surface to bottom or were they suspended in 55'?
The trees I found in 90' were about 15' tall so that would bring it up to 75' or so. I swear I was graphing something in those trees...

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2018, 06:37 AM »
55' of water to the bottom (one of the few areas with out trees in the river)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal