Author Topic: 2018 Bob Hirsch Classic  (Read 4847 times)

Offline timbo

• Administrator
2018 Bob Hirsch Classic
« on: September 29, 2018, 11:38 AM »
2018 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic
« on: October 13, 2018

The 2018 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic will be held the weekend of Friday, October 12th thru Sunday, October 14th at Alamo Lake - C Loop.  This is our club's annual fall camp out, fishing derby and open meeting.  The Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic is not only open to all AZCA members, but registered users of this website along with their families are welcome to join us for a fun filled weekend.

Camping:
We are camping for the weekend at the C Loop at Alamo Lake. Plenty of room for a good time! Our group has reserved C10 - C19. Please see sign up sheet under group discussions. Site C14 will be the location of the group activities.

Fishing Derby:
The club will have a fishing derby on Saturday, October 13th from 6am to 3pm.  Prizes will be awarded to derby & big fish winners.  This is a private event for members of the Arizona Crappie Association, registered users of www.azcrappie.com and their family.  Please see the attached "Fishing Derby Form" (see OneBlade's post below for the form) for more information along with the derby rules & regulations.  The Chamberlin Cup will once again be awarded to the derby winners - here's your chance to get your derby team's name engraved on the Chamberlin Cup.

AZCA Open Meeting:
The official AZCA club meeting will be on Saturday, October 13th around 4pm @ C14 campsite.  This will be the final open meeting for this year for those interested in prospecting or possibly joining the Arizona Crappie Association.

Fish Fry and Potluck Dinner:
Also on Saturday, October 13th starting around 5 - 5:30pm the club's fantastic fish fry/potluck dinner begins.  If you're joining us, please bring a dish to share. There will also be a general potluck dinner on Friday evening, October 12th at 6pm. Bring a dish to share this evening as well.  Timbo is bringing pulled pork and buns. Easy Ups are needed for the C14 general meeting site.

Hope to see you there…..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 04:38 PM by OneBlade »

Offline timbo

• Administrator
Re: 2018 Bob Hirsch Classic
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 03:10 PM »
Camp site c-14 doesn't have a grill for Friday  so I can bring over my Gas grill & stove. Do we want charcoal
grill too?????? If so who's?  Club will buy charcoal

Saturday Fish fry - who's bringing cooking stuff & who's cooking????????  Club will buy oil
Let's get this all work out this week.
I'll help cook

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 07:43 PM »
I will also likely have a Canin available for all or part of Thursday, Friday, and Sat night. PM me if interested and we can coordinate my canceling with your ordering.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Camp site c-14 doesn't have a grill for Friday  so I can bring over my Gas grill & stove. Do we want charcoal
grill too?????? If so who's?  Club will buy charcoal

Saturday Fish fry - who's bringing cooking stuff & who's cooking????????  Club will buy oil
Let's get this all work out this week.
I'll help cook
We can keep BHCC and meal planning here: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,3796
FishMan, what's a "Canin" besides related to dog?

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 11:08 AM »
That would be “Cabin”. As in an indoor place to live for the weekend with beds. I rented one for the event in anticipation of my Dad joining and now he’s a “no” so we’ll be in the camping loop.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Fishing derby entry form is attached.  Please print out ahead of time, fill out, and bring exact cash please.  We have sites C-9 through C-18 in that camp area 'C' loop, with the exception of C-11.  I'm taking entry forms Saturday morning with trucks lining up starting at C-18 (Tommy Rats site) so feel free to line up no earlier than 5:45am.  However, if the camper in C-11 needs to get through at that time, we will need everyone to let them through.  Or you could all just relax and sleep in.....

Also, one minor change to the derby rules.  The late penalty is 1-pound per every 5 minutes late starting at 3:00pm, then 3:05pm with final time was 3:20pm.  I moved that final time to 3:10pm so I don't have to wait for those few folks who decide to fish more and not let me know. This allows the weigh-in to complete promptly.  Just don't be late - be there BEFORE 3pm or you get docked weight.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 05:42 PM »
Who's ready??!!!!  Weather forecast has slight chance of rain: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=34.24169000000006&lon=-113.58409999999998#.W7v4BvZRe70

Fishless, think you'll make an appearance for the derby?

As a reminder, where's the winners and weights of the 2017 BHCC at Roosevelt Lake.

2017 BHCC -  7 Teams - Roosevelt Lake
1st place - Team  "FishHawk", 7 fish, 8.28lbs
2nd place - Team "Two Guys in a Bigger Boat", 7 fish, 8.06lbs
3rd place - Team "Chamberlin", 7 fish, 6.87lbs
Wild Willie Big Fish – Team "FishHawk", 1.69lbs

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 06:34 PM »
Hey Matt
No I will not be there, won't even be able to come up for the post tourney festivities, hope you guys have fun, and stay safe
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 02:09 PM »
2018 BHCC -  4 Teams - Alamo Lake
1st place  - Team  "FishHawk", 7 fish, 7.51lbs
2nd place - Team "Jiggy Jiggy", 7 fish, 7.31lbs
3rd place - Team "Packrat Fans", 7 fish, 7.14lbs
Wild Willie Big Fish – Team  "FishHawk", 1.80lbs

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator