Author Topic: Alamo 9/29/2018 Pre BHC Report  (Read 3055 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Alamo 9/29/2018 Pre BHC Report
« on: September 29, 2018, 07:50 PM »
So a buddy an I made the long treak to Alamo this morning. Left Mesa at 5:30am, all roads were perfect with no dead cows along the way. Rigged up and ready at 8:00am in the store parking lot. Store with lots of minows and no restrictions on amounts purchased but they were very, very small. Camping and RV areas were Dead....Total of maybe 5 boats on lake with 3 for Crappie and 2 for Bass. It was freaking HOT. Boated one Keeper right away, one dink few bass, then found an area with lots of bass and well....Tommy is Tommy so you know what happens. After my elbow was sore and thumb bloody I went and explored the other ramps. Tried to get a few photos....Choiya is down to the cement slab thing but 100 usable by any vehicle, no worries or issues with nice dock in place. The other ramp closest to the damn is fully useable and looks to have pavement all the way along with a dock and some not sure why needed bouys.  Jiggy Jiggy everyone........we should all Ben excited for 2 weeks from now and all be bringing our 1/2 inch Tube Jigs with lime green tubes to catch a whole bunch of Fish X.........but me......I’lll be weighing in 7 Three Pounders......after of course having fun with Fish X. SQUIRREL
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Azstick_and_string

Re: Alamo 9/29/2018 Pre BHC Report
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Thank you kindly for the water level update. Congrats on the good day. I'll be making the trek there from Tucson as soon as it cools down a bit.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 05:46 AM »
buoys are there at the "main" ramp because there is rocks on either side of it if you turn to fast with out pulling back a ways you will hit your lower unit or boat.

Lake may change a bunch by Wednesday if you can believe the weather people. If this hurricane that is falling apart does what it is supposed to do with rain from 3 to 6" on the west side of the state the lake may I say may come up a bunch, then we will have see if the CORE leaves the water or pulls it right back down even though they are not even close to having the bulkhead gate fixed and ready for install? Depending on runoff it will be potentially a muddy mess with lots of debris and trees floating. Will have to wait and see. Last time a storm like this was predicted think it was 1997 the lake came up 8' over night was a muddy mess and Wendon and Aguila flooded and the roads especially to Alamo were closed for quite a while?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 06:23 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 07:03 AM »
Flooded roads don’t affect us.....we have boats. 😀
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 08:19 AM »
Flooded roads don’t affect us.....we have boats. 😀
lol Tommy

Thanks for the report - I figured it'd still be hot there.   It's just about October though and getting excited for this fall season of crappie fishing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal