Author Topic: Roosevelt 10/26  (Read 1796 times)

Offline coherent

Roosevelt 10/26
« on: October 29, 2018, 06:34 AM »
My wife and I took the new bass boat out for it's first excursion on Roosevelt. Launched at Cholla and spent most of the morning just cruising around and trying to find the habitats just by using the general GPS coordinates and watching for the structures on the sonar. Seems they are tougher to spot on sonar than I expected  and  many are in shallower water than the crappie are likely holding in right now. Didn't fish much so caught no fish. Realized I need to program all the habitats in as waypoints on the garmin before our next trip if we want to find and catch some crappie. Explored the marina docks and tires (what a mess of cables on the sonar). Looks like a good place for crappie to hang out if you can keep from getting tangled and loosing your rig. Watched Art on Johnny Johnson's show and think I learned a thing or two. We'll try again the end of this week and try and track down a few crappie this time. I'd love to join the AZCA and become more involved and learn more about crappie fishing but living closer to Flag than Phoenix would make it kind of tough make many the get together's. But, if any of you see me in a dark blue tracker 175 say hi!
Marc

Online OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Roosevelt 10/26
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Hey Marc thanks for the report.  Sorry you weren't able to catch any but sounds like you had the right idea finding structure and fishing it looking at your sonar.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal