Author Topic: Night bite is on!  (Read 5613 times)

Piscolli

Night bite is on!
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:04 AM »
For 2 weeks I've heard great reports of night fishing across from Schoolhouse. Also during the day trolling cranks over deep water. Anyone else hear anything?

Offline AZfisherdude

Re: Night bite is on!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:01 AM »
Say it is SO! I am thinking of heading up there for the first time  to try some night fishing on Sunday. If the weather plays nice and the report is true. I don't really want to pay the extra 20+ to fish SC at night right now since the reports haven't been too nice.

Offline AZfisherdude

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Anyone heard anything? Last time I ended up going to Bartlett but this time it is either going to be Rosy or Plez to try for stripers etc. My buddy wants to go to Rosy so that is our most likely destination. Hopefully the wind dies down by then cause it looks like a good time with the moon :headbang:

Offline boatpeople

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 08:11 AM »
 Got a buddy thats been fisin the salt end and he says the palo verdes are in full blume and the crayfish are in the shallows.He put
his traps out at the dock at schoolhouse and got big blue mudbugs,and lots of um! Also a rumor of a 82 lb flatty caught up in the river.
 They have opened the eagle habitat at the river so now can boat all the way up to the clay bluffs.
 Be careful up the river,lots o floaties and the lake is dropping .Maybe see some of you guys out there this weekend.
       Jack in AJ

Offline perchjerker

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 08:42 AM »
SLOW IS THE WORD

Was on Rosy Friday June 4 for the night bite fished until 1:30 am boated 3 crappies and 1 small cat.
Set up in a cove across from schoolhouse with 5 lights in the water at different depth fished with minnows
and it was extra slow and with that much light in the water it looked good.

We must have brought every minnow in the lake to us and we had 4 different
depth set on different rods at all times and found the most action at 12 - 18 feet
down setting over 30 feet of water.

If you can anchor your boat over deeper water it might be better or find a sunken point might do better.
But the BITE is not on and would be better to say the BITE is SLOW.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 09:37 PM »
Hey Perch, this original post was about a month ago, so it might have been on then.

Sucks to go out there all night and not get much though. Sounds like our meeting last month at Alamo. I caught more in a couple hours of trolling than I did with sitting over lights all night.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal