Lake Reports > Roosevelt

Roosevelt seasonal water fowl closure area starts Nov. 15th

(1/3) > >>

Fishless:
Just a reminder or if you are new to AZ and plan to fish Roosevelt lake this winter. Starting Nov. 15th and running through Feb. 15th. there is a closure (no entry areas posted at Roosevelt lake). Horse pasture is closed to camping and entry from both land and water, also Goose flats on the far side of the lake is closed. G and F puts out "no entry" buoys along those closed areas. You do not want to be caught fishing or hunting inside the closures as it is a criminal citation and quite expensive. Below is the link to the map of the closure area.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/PortalImages/files/hunting/gmuFiles/U22-23-24B%20roosevelt%20lake%20closure%20map.pdf

apenland01:
This will be my first winter fishing Roosevelt.  Just so I understand, I can fish from my boat in the striped area, but not the solid red area, correct?  Or can I not fish any of that area?

cousinlll:
The striped area on the attached map shows the area closed to only hunting.  But yes, the solid red indicated the "No Entry" areas.

Fishless:
and they put out a lot of closure buoys on both sides of the lake so you can pretty much tell where the off limit areas are.

OneBlade:
Anyone who went up there recently, does anyone know if Habitats #25, #6, or #12 (near Haystack and also west side of Rock Island) are available or are they closed off as well?  Yeah, I hope the buoys clearly mark those areas off I don't need a ticket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version