Author Topic: Roosevelt seasonal water fowl closure area starts Nov. 15th  (Read 6824 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Roosevelt seasonal water fowl closure area starts Nov. 15th
« on: November 08, 2018, 06:11 AM »
Just a reminder or if you are new to AZ and plan to fish Roosevelt lake this winter. Starting Nov. 15th and running through Feb. 15th. there is a closure (no entry areas posted at Roosevelt lake). Horse pasture is closed to camping and entry from both land and water, also Goose flats on the far side of the lake is closed. G and F puts out "no entry" buoys along those closed areas. You do not want to be caught fishing or hunting inside the closures as it is a criminal citation and quite expensive. Below is the link to the map of the closure area.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/PortalImages/files/hunting/gmuFiles/U22-23-24B%20roosevelt%20lake%20closure%20map.pdf
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 05:10 PM by OneBlade »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt seasonal water fowl closure area starts Nov. 15th
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:16 AM »
This will be my first winter fishing Roosevelt.  Just so I understand, I can fish from my boat in the striped area, but not the solid red area, correct?  Or can I not fish any of that area?

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 04:58 PM »
The striped area on the attached map shows the area closed to only hunting.  But yes, the solid red indicated the "No Entry" areas.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 05:17 PM »
and they put out a lot of closure buoys on both sides of the lake so you can pretty much tell where the off limit areas are.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Anyone who went up there recently, does anyone know if Habitats #25, #6, or #12 (near Haystack and also west side of Rock Island) are available or are they closed off as well?  Yeah, I hope the buoys clearly mark those areas off I don't need a ticket.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 08:48 AM »
The buoys were out last weekend. Its clearly marked
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 05:54 PM »
Anyone who went up there recently, does anyone know if Habitats #25, #6, or #12 (near Haystack and also west side of Rock Island) are available or are they closed off as well?  Yeah, I hope the buoys clearly mark those areas off I don't need a ticket.

Matt your good to go at haystack the closure is on the other side of the mountain, rock island the south end you are good the very northwest side will be in the closure area. And the closure started today

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 08:03 AM »
I didn't get that far west on the lake last weekend, so I'll go check it out this weekend to see what it looks like.  Thanks for posting this info and the map!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Hey Fishless/Art - the water fowl closure is done and those areas are open now, right?

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 06:14 PM »
I didn't see the buoys out there last weekend, so I believe it's all done.  Someone else with more knowledge on this can probably chime in....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal