Author Topic: Kayak fishing at Bartlett?  (Read 2304 times)

Offline AZFishing03

Kayak fishing at Bartlett?
« on: November 11, 2018, 09:32 AM »
I was out with a friend who has a nice bass boat this last Friday.  I caught one crappie near the yellow cliffs above a tree while trolling a small spinner jig.

My question is do you guys ever see people on kayaks crappie fishing Bartlett?  I only have a kayak and I would like to go back and fish it soon.  Thanks!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Kayak fishing at Bartlett?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 11:01 AM »
I've seen folks kayaking all the time yellow cliffs area fishing.  Easy launch area and not too far to get to fishing spots.  Fishless may have move info on what he's seen.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 12:35 PM »
I fish out of my boat but....... 

I just recently bought a kayak that would be perfect to outfit for fishing, which is something I have plans to do.  I do not see reason why one couldn't crappie fish out of a Yak.  The only limitations of a Yak vs a boat would be ease of running from spot to spot quickly.

I've seen guys on Alamo crappie fishing out of a kayak along with Yellow Cliffs/Cat Bay area of Bartlett.  So go for it AZFishing03!!  I'd love to hear how you've set up your Yak and fishing reports.

One of these days I'm going to leave my boat at home & fish out of my kayak and beat the pants off these guys at one of our club derbies.  :greengrin: :glasses9: :dontknow: :ecomcity:

One thing - the most important thing regardless if you are in that big bass boat or in a kayak is Time On The Water!!  There is no better way to learn.

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Let me know Larry when you are out in your kayak so I can run you over :97:

I have seen many a kayak out on Bartlett a lot of guys go up lake past the yellow cliffs (with the lake down) there is a dirt road up the lake and you can drive up there pretty easy I see even cars up there and get up into the no wake area where there are crappie. I do see them at the yellow cliffs and during the winter you are probably safe and can have fun, during the spring and summer with so many wake board boats the yellow cliffs can become an ocean with waves. I see guys launching small boats and kayaks all the time off of Bartlett flats and going across the lake.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal