Author Topic: AZ Game and Fish Crappie Report - 11/7/2018  (Read 3858 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
AZ Game and Fish Crappie Report - 11/7/2018
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:12 PM »
From: https://fishaz.azgfd.com/fishingwaters/crappie-report-conditions-improving-at-alamo-bartlett-roosevelt/

Bartlett Lake

The water temperature has dropped from 88 to 69 during the past 3 weeks. Better reports have been coming in from Bartlett that indicate crappie have been moving from deep water to about 10 feet. Some anglers were having success with small crankbaits by the power lines by the dam. Try small jigs or live minnows for crappie in 10 to 20 feet of water during the day. Most crappie have been in the 8- to 10-inch range but some anglers reportedly were catching crappie up to 2 pounds.
Roosevelt and Apache lakes

Jim Goughnour of Rim Country Custom Rods reported, “Crappie anglers are reporting the best fishing in the past several years on Roosevelt and Apache lakes. Limits of crappie are being caught in just a few hours of fishing in the morning. Large crappie schools can be found in 25-30 foot depths and always in brush, trees or the artificial habitat structures deployed by the AZGFD. A vertical fishing technique is the most popular technique. November is traditionally considered one of the best months for crappie fishing due to the stable weather pattern.”
Alamo Lake

Mark Knapp of Alamo Lake State Park reported the lake is at 1,184 feet with releases of 10 cfs. Cholla Ramp is still open with about 4 feet of usable water over asphault. The main ramp has been high and dry all summer. The dirt ramp is still usable. Crappie fishing is fair to good and some anglers have been averaging 5-10 crappie a day using Roadrunners and minnows slow-trolling 15 feet deep in 30 feet of water. There’s a bit of a night bite by the dam but crappie will be moving up soon.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: AZ Game and Fish Crappie Report - 11/7/2018
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:12 PM »
Hmmm, did I read Apache? Love that lake need to get back there.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 09:37 AM »
+1 really wish I would have paid attention to where the artificial habitat was placed there.

Sparky is it smally time there yet?

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 01:30 PM »
+1 really wish I would have paid attention to where the artificial habitat was placed there.

Sparky is it smally time there yet?

Here's a link I found. Has a map. https://www.azbasszone.com/gameandfishinfo/ALFHIPCompletionreport.pdf

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 09:13 AM »
Wow, thanks Hawk!!  Gonna have to try and find and GPS a few of these. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal