Author Topic: BPS Crappie Habitat Seminar  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
BPS Crappie Habitat Seminar
« on: November 15, 2018, 06:43 PM »
I will be doing a Roosevelt Crappie Habitat Seminar at Bass Pro Shop in Mesa on Wednesday, December 5th at 6:30 p.m.  It will be sponsored by Ground Game Flooring, LLC of Payson. The seminar will feature members of Az. Game & Fish department explaining how the program came together, funding, purchasing materials, and enlisting volunteers to help assemble the habitats. Also the transporting and dispersal on the lake. I will talk on how I located the best fish holding habitat and the methods of presentation that have been successful for my partners and I. The event will also be pod cast with more details on that soon. If your a crappie fisherman or fishing in general I hope to see you there. ..........Art       

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: BPS Crappie Habitat Seminar
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 07:58 AM »
I hope to take a Valium and actually head east on the 202 in afternoon rush hour traffic to go to the presentation, thanks for the heads up Art
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 07:14 AM »
Hey Art, I may make an appearance tonight but not sure how long I can stay.  Should be a fun event we should give those Game and Fish folks kudos (and volunteers including some of our club members) for installing those habitats.

This sort of event would have been a good one to have an AZCrappie presence if not just a table nearby with someone sitting answering questions, handing out fliers, etc.  Please feel free to direct anyone asking about additional crappie fishing clubs in AZ to me as I may be able to answer some of their questions.  If I'm not there, I suppose we could send them to Fishless (Bruce)   :-\

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 02:30 PM »
I am going to take my valium here in an hour or so and then be ready to deal with freeway traffic east bound :crybaby2: but hope to be there.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 08:56 PM »
AZ Anglers posted a recorded version of the Live Streem from tonight’s presentation. Nicely done Art and Kaycee.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 09:17 PM »
I thought it was great.  The AZ Game and Fish presentation was good giving pictures of each structure type actual picture and then what it looks like on the finder.  Art's presentation was solid providing useful tips on so much more than just fishing rig setup.  Well done!
Did you hear about the possibility of crappie fishing tournament at Roosevelt Lake next Feb?  That could be interesting.  Art when you get more details on that, can you post on this site?

Offline Tweakjr

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 11:04 PM »
I really enjoyed your seminar, Art, thank you.
Great insight and advice!

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 03:14 PM »
A big thank you to all that attended  and those who watched the podcast last night. Also to G & F that showed up in full force and put on a great presentation. It seemed like everyone had a good time. As soon as there are more details on the Feb. 23 LTF Crappie tournament we'll post it asap. .......Art

Offline Barry

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Where is recorder podcast please

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 04:35 PM »
Art I challenge you and Cassie to an eating contest ;D

Great presentation Art and the 3 amigos from g and f

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal