Author Topic: Crappie Respect  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Crappie Respect
« on: December 09, 2018, 07:32 AM »
I put this on this venue so all could read it. I think crappie fishing has gained a lot of respect in Arizona in recent weeks! Johnny Johnson had his first crappie show a few weeks ago and told me he had more good feed back than in recent years and plans to do more in the future. The show will re-run sometime around or after the holidays. The Crappie Habitat Seminar at Bass Pro Shop last Wednesday went very well, both in attendance and pod cast hits, and their planning a possible spring crappie seminar. I'm told you can watch a repeat of the seminar on Azanglers facebook site. Then Tracy Purtee announced a crappie tournament (permit pending) for Roosevelt Lake on Saturday, February 23rd. If it draws enough interest he may form a three tournament mini crappie circuit. It's good to see crappie starting to get the respect it deserves in Arizona as it's big east of the Mississippi but mostly unknown out here. Feel free to comment. .......Srt

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Crappie Respect
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 10:57 AM »
Hey Art - For those that may not know, can you give us a little info/background on who Tracy Purtee is & his interest in doing a Crappie Tourney?

I know some club members have mentioned the idea of having similar Crappie tourneys in years past.  With the upswing in the Crappie bite given the new habitats, the timing might be right for a tourney like this.

Larry
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:01 AM by cousinlll »

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: Crappie Respect
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Tracy and Teresa Purtee have run the Let's Talk Fishing bass curcuits for several years. It's the circuit where Kasey and I fished the high school tournaments and they also have  pro team and avid angler divisions. He's talked to me for some time about having a crappie tournament and I think the time's right. I suggested a $125 all in per team entry fee and club rules except it would have two person teams. You can go to the Let's Talk Fishing website for more information about them. ......Art

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal