Author Topic: AZCA January 2019 Meeting at Roosevelt Lake  (Read 6410 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Re: AZCA January 2019 Meeting at Roosevelt Lake
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 02:34 PM »
TNF offices are closed. Government shut down don't ya' know? I guess I won't be heading down Saturday as it appears nobody is coming. .....Art

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 02:41 PM »
You go to the Tonto NF office and buy a new one.
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Perhaps I was not clear ,I usually buy my annual permit at the Barlett lake office but that only works if they are open, my question was now that we have a shut down does anyone know where can you buy an annual permit ?,  just saw your response Art Thanks

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 02:51 PM »
I’m not going to make the meeting either....

Craig - I’d suggest just buying a Tonto daily pass for the time being until the offices open again and you can get your new annual pass. Lots of local stores sells the Tonto day pass. If the rules are still unchanged, You’ll need to get a watercraft sticker along with that.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/main/tonto/passes-permits/recreation

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 03:51 PM »
You go to the Tonto NF office and buy a new one.
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Perhaps I was not clear ,I usually buy my annual permit at the Barlett lake office but that only works if they are open, my question was now that we have a shut down does anyone know where can you buy an annual permit ?,  just saw your response Art Thanks

Dang, I didn't realize they were closed Craig.  Sorry about that bit of advice.   Fortunately mine expires end of March this year. 

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 09:17 PM »
Thanks guys , I may have a few old day passes and a water craft sticker , anybody know how long are they good for ?

Online OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 09:36 PM »
I can’t imagine the day old passes ever expire. They have year that you can scratch off and even if they don’t have 2019 on there I would assume they would still take them. Just be sure and scratch off the correct date and attach a watercraft sticker. Oh and make sure it’s hanging from your mirror and visible. But I would doubt anybody’s even looking with the government shut down.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 10:32 AM »
Some of the lakes have TNF daily pass machines again (CC) only no cash I understand, have seen them at Bartlett and Rosy, problem is when we cked Cholla ramp and found it closed the machine was covered with a black trash bag with a note on it about government shutdown. The Bartlett marina sells the day passes I don't know what time they open. I have friends that order their yearly passes on line from the forest service but thinking there is no one at the other end to complete the transaction and mail you your new yearly tag? If there website is not down the TNF used to have a list online of vendors for their daily passes.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline ejcrist

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 09:47 AM »
Me and Roger were planning to go but I still have a touch of the plague too - don't want to end up with pneumonia and spread it around.
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Junius P. Long

Online OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 08:20 PM »
I believe this meeting is canceled as doesn't sound like anyone will be there.  I'll start a new thread regarding February meeting date/location.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal