Author Topic: Roosevelt 12/18 & 12/19  (Read 1656 times)

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Roosevelt 12/18 & 12/19
« on: December 19, 2018, 07:50 PM »
Fished Roosevelt on both Tuesday 12/18 and Wednesday 12/19 - a gorgeous day on the lake both days but still a tail of two different days fishing wise!

Late to the party on Tuesday putting in around 10am and fished 3 habitats.  Not much to show Crappie wise but did catch 3 bass.

On the way to & from Windy Hill on Tuesday at & around the bridge, it appeared as though they were making a TV commercial or maybe a movie right on the bridge.  DPS everywhere controlling traffic as they had one lane of the bridge closed off.  Does anybody know the skinny on this?  Lots of camera and productions trucks along with production peeps.

Today I put in earlier and fished two habitats.  Managed to catch 5 Crappie and 2 bass including a little smallie all on minnows fished vertical.

Game & Fish were out today placing more habitats.  They were using Ringtail ramp to load their boat.  Looked like they were mostly placing the concrete habitats someplace east of Windy Hill.  I fished all day on the west side so assuming thats were they were placing them  Did see them on the west side of Windy Hill going past me with more Georgia Cubes - one trip into Sally Mae and another trip to around habitat spot #15.  Assuming they added more cubes to those spots??  You can see them driving past in the pic below

Back tomorrow (Thursday) for more time on the water!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:09 PM by cousinlll »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Roosevelt 12/18 & 12/19
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:07 PM »
Cool sounds like a great week of vacation! I may head up Saturday.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 03:05 PM »
You were right on about the habitat placement.  Warnecke and I were stowaways on their boat for a while yesterday morning out of Ringtail. We made two more habitats in the Windy Hill area with concrete fish balls and then they were going to add Georgia cubes to existing sites. The new sites and additions will be posted soon. Thanks G & F a bunch. Neat deal!  ........Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 05:17 AM »
Thankfully it looks like they are not going to make any more Cantrell condos the cement monstrosities. Larry they used to do that at Bartlett lake would drive in and have sheriff stop traffic to make commercials etc. Back then the sheriff said they had a 15 min limit on filming then the road would open for a short amount of time then close again was a pain in the ass. Major road like 88 and they get priority to film a commercial or movie :angry4: would think ADOT would put out traffic alert on closures or restrictions like that :dontknow:

Thanks for the fishing report.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:19 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal