Author Topic: Government Shutdown Question  (Read 2525 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Government Shutdown Question
« on: December 20, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Possibility of government shutdown tomorrow may impact my hope to hit Rosey Saturday.  Anyone know how that works, like do they just close campsites or do they also close off boat ramps?
Nothing is set in stone and often they make a deal at the last moment (e.g. Friday night).  Wondered if anyone had insight on this.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
Re: Government Shutdown Question
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 06:39 PM »
I think you can put in at the  Rossevelt marina. you should call them

Offline Barry

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 08:24 PM »
Usually they shut it all down, last time saguaro lake was totally closed, you can’t get in

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 05:10 AM »
Possibility of government shutdown tomorrow may impact my hope to hit Rosey Saturday.  Anyone know how that works, like do they just close campsites or do they also close off boat ramps?
Nothing is set in stone and often they make a deal at the last moment (e.g. Friday night).  Wondered if anyone had insight on this.

Matt last time it was a fire drill, TNF just left the office and closed everything down :angry4: they were supposed let g and f know what was going to happen and they never did just left so g and f could not answer peoples questions g and f tried to get a hold of forest service to get info and update and nothing, they had armed federal officers at Saguaro but Bartlett and Rosy were shut down. You might call TNF office at Rosy ASAP and ask about launching at the marina? good luck
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:12 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 05:51 AM »
Like Timbo said call the marina. They will have all of the info and fees required. Last time this happened a few years ago I fished Bartlett but the normal launches were closed.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 04:49 PM »
Called the marina, the lady said if there is a shutdown then they will have a person up there to take money and so forth.  I expressed I'd be there 7-8am and she said they'd do that if there is a shutdown.  If there is no shutdown, then business as usual where you take an envelope, put $10 in, tear off piece for your truck, and then launch.  I actually plan to head to normal Ringtail or Bobcat whatever boat ramps and then if they are closed go to marina.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 06:59 AM »
If anyone is headed out to the lake today, you should probably cal up the Tonto National Forest for the district you are fishing in to make sure the ramps are open.  I was hoping they'd post information on their site, but I don't see anything there or via Google search.  Suggest you have a backup plan in case the TNF ramps are closed as in past situations when this occurred, the private boat ramps on the lake remained open and were a viable albeit more expensive option.

Here's a link to their alerts page, and you can look on the left to find the various ranger district office numbers:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5246945

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 07:03 AM »
Thanks Matt, last time TNF and other forest service offices closed down and left there was no one to answer the phones and no information given to anyone?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 07:05 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal