Author Topic: Roosevelt 12/22  (Read 2085 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Roosevelt 12/22
« on: December 22, 2018, 05:19 PM »
Headed to Roosevelt to scout out a few new habitats and try a few old familiar ones.  On the water by 7:30am and off by 2pm. Got skunked on crappie, sort of knew it was gonna be that kind of day when the first 2 spots came up blank.  Caught several nice b@ss and had 2 lines break from something huge (probably catfish) just take my line and run before I could even get the rod out of the holder or correct the drag.

I have braid/fireline connected to my 8lb fluoro liter and had the 8lb liter break multiple times throughout the day.  Is there a particular brand you guys recommend for the liter line?  Are not all 8lb fluros the same?

Also, I couldn't remember how to tie that darn alberto knot so that was annoying I kept taking out new rods instead of tying new line.  That exposed how bad my backup rods/reels are.  And it exposed how my knot tying skills suck.  It takes me sooooo long to tie.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Roosevelt 12/22
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 06:15 PM »
How was launching? TNF ramps closed?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 06:16 PM »
How was launching? TNF ramps closed?

No issues Bruce as all ramps were open

Good report Matt!!  Glad you got out

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 11:03 PM »
Hey Mat. After a year or so, all mono and fluro get bad and Will easily break. Buy new.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 08:09 AM »
We use Sunline Sniper in 5 and 6 lb. test and have  very few break offs. We tie it to our braid with the refined Alberto knot. No problems. .....Art

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 09:29 AM »
I have had good luck with,  Seaguar Red Label in 4, 6, 8 lb test depending on application . I have noticed no issues with aging on line strength . perhaps due to , I do not store line in any area subject  :thumbsup:to prolonged exposure to Sunlight or High Temperatures, ( boat is stored indoors )

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal