Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Rob

Happy New Year
« on: January 01, 2019, 10:16 AM »
My all of your live wells stay full of fish.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 11:27 AM »
Happy New Year to all.  Anybody have some crappie fishing New Years resolutions or goals? I'd like to fish Bartlett some more learning more of the underwater structures.  I'd also like to fish more areas at Roosevelt and see if I can actually catch some crappie there in the spring when they move closer to shore.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 11:31 AM by OneBlade »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Survive another year to fish crappie, hoping Alamo does not get another CORE draw down or hassle and that Rosy gets some water.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Not really a resolution, but more of a goal.  I've never targeted crappie before, just caught them accidentally when bass fishing in New Mexico.

I actually just got a 9' Crappie Maxx rod model CRML90 from Cabela's with a Christmas gift card and just got it Friday.  I put a new Piscifun 2000 spinning reel on it and made a crappie tackle bag this weekend.   I plan on targeting some crappie on my next trip to Roosevelt sometime in late January or early February.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 09:49 AM »
Continuing resolution/goal to catch some crappie in different lakes.  Other than Rosey, Alamo, Bartlett, and Plez.  Need to hit up Talki in the spring or something. 
My other resolution or goal is also a repeat, try and use some different baits when fishing is slow.  I have bags of crappie gear that's never been wet.   

Offline ejcrist

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 09:22 AM »
My goal this year is to fish Lake Havasu at least once every month in 2019. I've scouted sections and fished the Bill Williams area once and I'm convinced it's the best warmwater fishing lake in AZ. There's more vegetation and structure there than any of the other lakes/reservoirs I've been to around here. I've read there's a great population of Crappie there but I'm guessing we don't hear much about it because most are fishing for Bass and/or Stripers. I'd like to get a handle on at least some sections of the lake both on the north end, down by Bill Williams, and also up around Topock Marsh so I can report back if it's as good as I'm thinking it is. If so maybe we can have a meeting or two there in future years.

Gene
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Junius P. Long

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 11:50 AM »
They have put a bunch of artificial habitat in that lake which should help panfish, don't hear any comments on crappie at Havasu but the Shell Cracker sun fish grow huge in that lake, think the state record from Havasu is close to 6lbs. There used to be a good crappie population in Topack marsh don't know if it still good there or not :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal