Author Topic: Alamo/Mule Deer Derby 2/16  (Read 3193 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Alamo/Mule Deer Derby 2/16
« on: February 17, 2019, 06:04 PM »
We fished from 7 to 3. Tough conditions as the lake is a mess. Debris everywhere, and the lake was pretty muddy. We searched for clearer water and caught 11 crappie in 15 to 18 FOW. We tight lined minnows, and threw jigs right on top of the brush line below us. Water temps were 52 mid lake, 54 up lake.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Alamo/Mule Deer Derby 2/16
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 06:59 AM »
Thanks for the report Dave. Heard there was a lot of debris on the lake - last time I took my boat in there with debris by the boat ramp my impeller output port got clogged twice forcing me to remove a few hoses and use a hanger/wire to unclog it.  I had to use my trolling motor to enter/exit the ramp area where all the debris was.  Did you guys use your outboard motor through the debris or trolling motor?  No issues?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Darn wind can change things in minutes also have gone out from ramp and clear and wind changes and when you come in it is clogged with logs and debris
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 11:57 AM »
 :violent-smiley-007:
Thanks for the report Dave. Heard there was a lot of debris on the lake - last time I took my boat in there with debris by the boat ramp my impeller output port got clogged twice forcing me to remove a few hoses and use a hanger/wire to unclog it.  I had to use my trolling motor to enter/exit the ramp area where all the debris was.  Did you guys use your outboard motor through the debris or trolling motor?  No issues?
We took it slow with big motor.  Most of the junk was on the surface. It did get worse as the day wore on with the wind.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Azstick_and_string

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 07:17 PM »
Congrats on the 11 with those conditions. I'll wait it out a month or so till i make the trek to Alamo.

Offline jdmej1

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 11:23 PM »
We were out there that weekend as well in the black ranger and blue pontoon. Last year the same time it rained as well but we managed to pull slabs. This week was hard, Mark  the park ranger said water was up 10ft. We tried everything from Friday-Sunday with no luck.

I saw and asked if you guys had any on board and I was in my can am as you guys were unloading for the weight in.  Congrats on the 11 crappie and with those harsh conditions i hope you guys won. Not many people were out and the boat ramp was pretty emptied. Debris were every where and floating pretty hard towards the damn on Friday. Sunday water look calm and no bite. We skunked 3 days in a row. Hopefully next month or so crappie will start biting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal