Author Topic: Alamo 4/4  (Read 2481 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Alamo 4/4
« on: April 05, 2011, 06:59 AM »
WOW!! :o fished our butts off casting the shoreline from 11am till dusk at alamo and picked up 22 nice male crappie, no females, it made absolutely no sense the fish were sooooooooooooooooo scattered, did pick up 10 males in one 40yd shoreline then fished the rest of the huge cove and never caught another one, many coves it was 1 or 2 crappie then nothing, and the bass were not even that motivated, last time we were there caught 40+ trying to find crappie yesterday only caught like 8-9 slots and a couple overs. Some of the crappie were not real black but went black in the livewell, no females caught saw several crappie on beds in clear water but they spooked when approached by the boat (so they were obviously not guarding eggs) only one male had its tail torn up. I dont know if it is the beginning of the end for the spawn of the end of the beginning, hoping it is just really starting but could not figure a pattern just casted our arms off all day, wind got bad about 4pm which made it tough to work the shoreline, water temp was 65 down lake and 68 up lake but when I stepped in the knee deep water to put the boat on trailer you could feel the difference between the top surface water and down just a foot or so. Will have to try it again after these two storms go through wednesday and the bigger colder storm saturday :(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 4/4
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 06:06 PM »
just a note upon fileting, 20 of the 22 crappie still had their milt so they had not spawned out soooooooooooooooooo hopefully it is just getting started and we have a full moon coming up
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal