Author Topic: So close to 100% full!  (Read 6330 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: So close to 100% full!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 06:00 AM »
I went to Bartlett on Monday and stopped by the Ranger station to inquire about the SB boat ramp.  Ranger claimed it was the responsibility of Fish and Game to repair the boat ramp. I'm confused. :dontknow:

that is not entirely right but if we wait for TNF to fix the dock it will be a year. The cable is broken for the dock of course no one said anything till after the lake filled. At least they got TNF to put up signage to let people know the ramp is closed as when I was there several people drove in with their trailers and had to turn around and go back and launch at the main ramp.

(IF) everything goes to plan g and f will hopefully fix the cable and have the dock back in service at SB cove Friday afternoon 3/22
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline KINGFISHER

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2019, 09:34 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.
“In my circle of old friends there is no clear line between religion and crappie fishing”

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2019, 08:13 AM »
I just got an update SB cove launch ramp will not have the dock fixed until Monday so the ramp will remain closed this weekend
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 09:42 AM »
I just got an update SB cove launch ramp will not have the dock fixed until Monday so the ramp will remain closed this weekend

I love up the river, but with how dirty the lake is I think the crappie fishing will be better near the dam anyway.

Anyone been there recently and see water temp and clarity?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:37 PM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2019, 11:38 AM »
I checked out the lake 2 weeks ago and it was way too muddy.... I talked to one guy that had been fishing for 3 days and caught nothing.   I think it's going to be a while before it clears up?    Has anyone tried it lately? 
Rocky

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 06:51 AM »
I checked out the lake 2 weeks ago and it was way too muddy.... I talked to one guy that had been fishing for 3 days and caught nothing.   I think it's going to be a while before it clears up?    Has anyone tried it lately?

SRP is still running water through the lake, releasing the muddy water from horseshoe into Bartlett and out the other end which will slow down the clearing of the water.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2019, 06:31 AM »
Thanks for the info....  :banghead:  would too much muddy water stop the spawn? 
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 06:34 AM by Rocko »
Rocky

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2019, 07:47 AM »
If it is to muddy with a lack of sunlight penetration to help the eggs mature yes but as soon as it clears the slightest bit the first group of crappie will move up real shallow. Problem with Bartlett the crappie move up shallow then SRP drops the lake then turns around 7 days later and raises the lake so it really messes things up till the water warms enough where the crappie can spawn out slightly deeper

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 09:35 AM »
 :angry4: :banghead:
Rocky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal