Author Topic: New Electronics - Who has what installed  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Tweakjr

• AZCA Members
Re: New Electronics - Who has what installed
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 10:50 PM »
Cousinlll, grab yourself 2 Solix 15 gen2, Ultrex112, ethernet hub, and while you're at it throw in a Garmin LiveScope with a 15" display.
May as well upgrade to LiPo batteries while you're at it!

Offline ejcrist

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 09:11 PM »
I've got a Lowrance Hook 5 on my dash at the moment but I'm going to upgrade to a 9"-12" with side scan/down scan/regular when I take the Tracker in for scheduled maintenance at the end of this month. When I do I was planning on moving the 5" up on the bow but the more I've been thinking about it the more I'd rather have at least a 9" up front. The front sonar wouldn't have to be anything fancy since I'd only want to use it in the regular or downscan mode to see what's directly underneath the bow, but I'd prefer it be big enough that I could see details from where I'm standing and running the trolling motor. The dash sonar would only be used to locate structure mostly with the side scan. I've never owned a side scan but they look like they'd really come in handy for identifying structure. I've been looking at the Hook2 and a couple other models Lowrance has but I wouldn't use a lot of the more expensive units' features like mapping and all since the lake levels change so much here I don't think it'd be very useful. Also stuff like Bluetooth and all that - I stow any gear that'll interrupt me while underway so I wouldn't be interested in those features either. I need to look more at some of the other brands like Garmin and Humminbird since they make some great sonars too. I've never used Panoptix or any of the real-time sonars so I don't know if I'd like them or not. I don't want to spend too much time following what's on a screen rather than paying attention to what I'm doing. I already have a hard enough time walking and chewing gum.

Gene
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Junius P. Long

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 04:27 PM »
I just added 1st generation 360 to my Terrova with the Cornfield crappie mount.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 07:28 PM »
Jeff and I built my new mount out of pvc for about ten or twelve bucks and installed on my boat with a Ram Mount. .....Art

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2020, 07:59 AM »
I have the a Garmin 94 vs and a New Garmin 93vs plus and am waiting for the Live scope to be shipped , I am also using a HDS9 touch gen2 have run them side by side and  switched to Garmin , Lowrance bought the Garmin tech for Livescope but will not have it for sale until sometime this spring ( been delayed twice maybe  til June ) . Check out a Utube demo of Livescope and it is available now .
I have added Livescope in March of 2019 now adding prespective using precision sonar mounts and a homemade transducer bracket getting the livescope 8 inches from the trolling motor with Zero interference , We are in the process of installing the same set up on Mountainmans LUND , unbelievable view of your bait ,the fish in real time , now adding prespective a free software update giving you 360 similar to MEGA but in real time full motion . I wish I was 10 years younger to see what is coming next.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 09:32 AM »
I'm a Livescope wannabe but it's tough on a fixed income. I'm working very hard on my old contacts to see if something can be worked out. It is compatable with my Garmin 7" chirp model so I have my fingers crossed! ......Art

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2020, 11:46 AM »
anyone on the fence ,I see that Bass pro has a 10% discount for all online purchases today over $50 , plus 6 months pay on Club card and Garmin has a $200 rebate til 4-12-2020 Mountainman has a7 inch screen livescope looks great on it

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2020, 10:26 AM »
I added a 93SV plus with livescope. Used a fishing specialties pole for the transducer, which connects right to my Alumacraft rail. 360 is great for finding structure and schools of fish. Livescope is on another level of actually seeing the fish live and where your bait is in correlation to each other.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2020, 04:25 PM »
I added a 93SV plus with livescope. Used a fishing specialties pole for the transducer, which connects right to my Alumacraft rail. 360 is great for finding structure and schools of fish. Livescope is on another level of actually seeing the fish live and where your bait is in correlation to each other.
   do not update it !!!!!! many problems with version 2.20 thru 2.33 if you have 2.10 leave it alone for now , if not you can do a forced update to revert it back to 2.10 see BBC Garmin forum for how to.

Offline cgreene

• Fly Addicts
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2020, 11:42 AM »
My boat is a Cobia 240 CC and I just installed a new fish finder. The old one started acting up and my friend said he can fix it so I just gave it to him instead.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal