Fishing and Dock Talk > Crappie Gear

New Electronics - Who has what installed

<< < (2/4) > >>

craigm:
I have the a Garmin 94 vs and a New Garmin 93vs plus and am waiting for the Live scope to be shipped , I am also using a HDS9 touch gen2 have run them side by side and  switched to Garmin , Lowrance bought the Garmin tech for Livescope but will not have it for sale until sometime this spring ( been delayed twice maybe  til June ) . Check out a Utube demo of Livescope and it is available now .   

sparkchaser:
I have 2 1198 SI's networked to a Terrova trolling motor (all 2013). My screens are perfect size for my boat and do everything I ask of them, which is to find fish. I really utilize all of the features at Powell with the Lakemaster chip. Following the contour lines to some is useless, but at a lake like Powell it is gold. I think i will be adding a Garmin panoptix setup to the front though in the near future.

sparkchaser:
One thing I'd like to add is the remote battery sucks. At least for my setup. I've bought plenty of replacements, and cant come up with a solution. I don't get what i think i should out of mine. Which is 10 plus hours on the water

OneBlade:

--- Quote from: sparkchaser on March 13, 2019, 08:42 AM ---One thing I'd like to add is the remote battery sucks. At least for my setup. I've bought plenty of replacements, and cant come up with a solution. I don't get what i think i should out of mine. Which is 10 plus hours on the water

--- End quote ---
I agree as well.  I think the original battery in the remote may have performed better but MinnKota doesn't directly sell a replacement battery so you have to purchase one through other sources.  It's unknown how good that external source is for batteries (they could have those batteries sitting for years, which mean they won't perform as well).  I would hope they improved the remote battery life in newer versions of Terrova with iLink/iPilot but not sure.  I think ours are both several years old.  On a busy day mine will still only last 6-8 hours.  It wouldn't be as bad if I had a USB charger in the front of the boat.  And when the remote battery dies and you are on auto-pilot good luck.

Fishless:
Ya basically a glorified watch battery, to bad they can't come up with a plug in charging system for the remote with a USB adapter so if your remote starts to fade you could plug it in a charge the lithium battery etc. like on our cell phones. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version