Author Topic: 2019 Spring Crappie Fest at Roosevelt Lake  (Read 6953 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
2019 Spring Crappie Fest at Roosevelt Lake
« on: March 19, 2019, 07:22 PM »
2019 Spring Crappie Fest at Roosevelt Lake
The AZCA Spring Crappie fest is set!  Location is Roosevelt Lake, Grapevine group site, Grebe loop.  All activities will occur in the center ramada in the Grebe loop.

Thursday, April 11th
9am: Loop is open to current AZCA members only.  Once you enter the loop, please see AZCA Vice President Dave Thompson with your completed camping form and you will receive your parking pass for the weekend.  If he is not there, ask for another AZCA club officer to get your parking pass.  Dave will collect camping forms from all attendees nightly.

Friday, April 12th
12 noon: Loop is open to all registered users of azcrappie.com to set up camp. Once you enter the loop, please see AZCA Vice President Dave Thompson with your completed camping form and you will receive your parking pass for the weekend.  If he is not there, ask for another AZCA club officer to get your parking pass.  Dave will collect camping forms from all attendees nightly.

5:45pm: Group dinner and campfire. The AZCA will provide charcoal for the grills in the center ramada so bring whatever you’d like to cook.  We may have cornhole for those interested.

7pm: Campfire.  Please bring some firewood to share.

Saturday April 13th
5:45am-6:30am: Derby director takes entry forms and checks livewells for the fishing derby. Please see the attached derby form for details.

3pm: Weigh-in for the fishing derby. Please see official rules, please do not be late but if you know you will be, please let the derby director know so we are not waiting for you.

4pm: Official AZCA meeting. For AZCA members, be sure and get your AZCA membership form and money to our Membership Director, Larry Larsen.

4:45pm: Raffle!  Bring cash so you have a chance to win some of the awesome prizes being awarded.  This is your year to win!

5pm: Fish cleaning.  This is a great opportunity for club members

5:45pm: Fish fry & pot luck dinner. The AZCA will fry the fish. Everyone please bring a side dish, desert, etc to share.

7pm: Campfire. Please bring some firewood to share.

8pm: Poker tournament hosted by Tommy FishMan.  Tunes provided by Menrats.

Sunday, April 14th
8am: Camp tear down and clean up. Everyone is expected to clean up their own camp site and help clean up the group area.

11am: SCF 2019 is over and everyone must be out of the loop.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:09 AM by OneBlade »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: 2019 Spring Crappie Fest at Roosevelt Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 06:58 AM »
OK all, we are 1 week away from Spring Crappie Fest!  Who's going up and when?  Anyone prefishing this weekend or Thur/Fri next week?  Let us know! This weekend I wanted to make it out buy am doubtful I will.  So many lakes to check out it's the perfect time of year.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 07:59 AM »
Fishing Rosey this weekend. We will be rolling in on Thursday morning.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 08:59 AM by Fish Hawk »

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 07:36 PM »
Looks like the Fish Grease may be partaking in the weekends events, look forward to seeing all the club.  Let me know if yall are in need of anything. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Geez, just looked at the weekly forecast (its a long ways off) but they are saying rain 80% chance next Friday and 40% Saturday with temps dropping back into the low 60's in Tonto basin, I had almost forgot since it hadn't happened in a few years that we have an event and the weather moves in :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 04:41 PM »
Does anyone out there need a partner?  Not sure if my boat is going to be GTG by then.  If it's not I'll need to backseat with someone.

Offline mjhewitt

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 06:08 PM »
 :celebrate:We couldn't rent an RV for the weekend due to the fact that Country Thunder is going on and all the RVs are GONE. We will, however, bring the boat and fish and be there for the meeting and winning the fabulous prizes on Saturday. Should we bring some walleye?

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Fiahless. Fear not my friend, it won’t rain on us. Everything always turns up Tommy. 
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Sounds about right, mother nature likes to give us lemons. I will bring my helmet

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2019, 08:39 PM »
Sounds about right, mother nature likes to give us lemons. I will bring my helmet
Please don’t remind me.  :crybaby2:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal