Author Topic: Arizona Game and Fish Volunteer Build Friday April 26th - Saturday April 27th.  (Read 3618 times)

Offline AGFDHabitat

The Arizona Game and Fish Department is seeking volunteers to help build fish habitat structures at Roosevelt Lake Friday April 26th and Saturday April 27th. We will be set up at the Windy Hill Amphitheatre Parking lot from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm on Friday and 7:30 am - 1:00 pm on Saturday. Please bring a cordless drill if you have one. We will be building Georgia Cubes. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Bryant Dickens at bdickens@azgfd.gov or 623-236-7593.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
I will be there on Friday and do what I can but on Saturday I am commited to the LTF Kid's Fishing Festival at Green Valley Park in Payson. ........Art 

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
AGFD, Will there ever be any Georgia Cubes put into Bartlett.  Please forgive me if this has already been done and I missed it somewhere.

Offline Bob

Good question IAMMAC...  The old Bartlett hanging habitat was awesome.  I'd sure help out with new habitat in the lake.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
AGFD, Will there ever be any Georgia Cubes put into Bartlett.  Please forgive me if this has already been done and I missed it somewhere.

Mac, yes g and f got all their permits to start the habitat project and has put in their first order for supplies for Bartlett, they are working with TNF to have an agreement to use the old habitat building facility at the lake. They have already mapped areas for the first load of cubes and other artificial habitat at Bartlett. They went out and cleaned up a bunch of the old collapsed plastic habitat. Hopefully they can get the county jail inmates to help with the building like TNF did years ago. Should start the project before to long.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members

Mac, yes g and f got all their permits to start the habitat project and has put in their first order for supplies for Bartlett, they are working with TNF to have an agreement to use the old habitat building facility at the lake. They have already mapped areas for the first load of cubes and other artificial habitat at Bartlett. They went out and cleaned up a bunch of the old collapsed plastic habitat. Hopefully they can get the county jail inmates to help with the building like TNF did years ago. Should start the project before to long.

Thanks Bruce!  If they need help I'm sure others on here would be more willing to make that drive than the drive to Rosey!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
I will let you know if I hear anything.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline AGFDHabitat

Just Placed the order for enough material for 500 Georgia Cubes for Bartlett. I should be receiving everything in the next few weeks. I hope to get a volunteer build for May or June. It all depends on when we get the materials in. I will keep everyone posted.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Reminder folks, this volunteer fish habitat build at Roosevelt Lake is coming up, just a week and a half away. They are building Georgia Cubes.  These habitats were extremely useful fishing Roosevelt this winter.  With the lake levels now higher, it'll be interesting what depths these new ones will go. If you have any questions please feel free to contact Bryant Dickens at bdickens@azgfd.gov or 623-236-7593.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
I got tied up in the valley and did not make it, they had a disappointing turn out only 8 volunteers but they got like 180 more cubes built. Hats off to g and f staff.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal