Author Topic: Crappie dispersal 3/28  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Crappie dispersal 3/28
« on: March 28, 2019, 03:03 PM »
The tanker from Arkansas was already at the bottom of the Cholla ramp when we arrived at 6:45. We had six boats hauling over 10,000 mostly 6" crappie with several in the 10 to 11 inch range. My boat hauled six good sized loads while Dave N hauled 10. We were done at 8:30. Great job Az. G & F! Fished until 12:30 and caught 6 bass but sadly no crappie. I'll keep trying! ....Art 

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Crappie dispersal 3/28
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 04:42 PM »
Great to go AZ Game and Fish!  Thanks Art and company for helping
From their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/fishaz.azgfd/
We stocked Roosevelt Lake this morning with 13,000 crappie! With all the recent inflows and newly inundated vegetation -- the lake is at 70% full -- this was the perfect time to stock these crappie that averaged 6 inches (up to 10"). This should provide even more sport-fish opportunity. See the spring fishing forecast for Roosevelt: https://bit.ly/2TLTmgU

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 05:06 PM »
I am going to raise hell for another load in Bartlett :97:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Bob

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 05:26 PM »
And I hope you get it but Bartlett did have a decent spawn last year from the night bite we got into a few times.  Couldn't get away from the 4" fish.  Bartletts Crappie population is very good still.

Offline Bob

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 05:38 PM »
It's great to see AZGFD stocking Crappie!  Doing some quick math they released one crappie for every 87.23 acre feet of water in the lake so they have plenty of room.  Sure wish there was a way to remove the gizzard shad though. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 04:46 PM »
Art, if the picture today in the fishing report is an actual shot from you guys stocking there are now white crappie in Roosevelt :dance: I had asked about that from Curt I don't know if they order some or if they were in with the other crappie. Will be interesting how they do in Rosy since they seem to be doing better than the black crappie in Pleasant with the striper onslaught :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Bruce, I don't know about any pictures but ALL the crappie we released yesterday were black nose crappie. .......Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 06:16 AM »
Interesting

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal