Author Topic: Alert: Bald eagle closure at Agua Fria arm of Lake Pleasant to be lifted  (Read 2271 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator

Bald eagle closure at Agua Fria arm of Lake Pleasant to be lifted

BY NICK WALTER ยท APRIL 5, 2019

The bald eagle closure in the Agua Fria arm of Lake Pleasant will be lifted as of noon on Friday, April 5.

That means boaters will be able to boat from the main body of the lake into this area of the Agua Fria arm.  The boat launch at Agua Fria will not be accessible this season, but there is now access to the Agua Fria conservation area via the waterways from the main and north entries of Lake Pleasant. Access for walk-in traffic is currently available on a daily basis and will be permitted from the upper parking area.

Note that vehicular access to the Agua Fria Conservation Area is still closed.

See the closure area.

This seasonal closure is typically Dec. 15-June 15.

Water level at Pleasant is 1,696 feet and 93-percent full.

The Agua Fria arm of Lake Pleasant is an excellent fishing spot for abundant white, striped and largemouth bass. The top-water bite at Pleasant should be picking up but anglers will likely need to hit the water by 5 a.m.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Yup, feel sorry for guys with kayaks they are not going to open the table mesa ramps this year so they get to carry or drag their boat down the rocky dirt road and launch etc.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal