Author Topic: Searched for crappie at Pleasant  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Searched for crappie at Pleasant
« on: March 24, 2019, 06:43 AM »
The last two Saturdays i have been on a mission to find crappie at Pleasant.   In 2004 we set a record and landed 85 crappie at Pleasant!  I have not fished the lake for years, anyway we were not able to locate or catch any.  The north coves just hit 60 degrees.  We ended up catching a couple bass and two 2 lb gizzard shads on rattle traps!  I did not realize how big those things get! It fought like a 5 lb Bass! Fun to catch.... however it might be safe to say that the stripers have wiped out the crappie that I used to catch growing up as a kid at Pleasant.😟
Rocky

Offline azbohunter

Re: Searched for crappie at Pleasant
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 08:01 AM »
My wife and I fished for stripers yesterday with no luck but I CAUGHT A NICE 1 1/4 POUND CRAPPIE in 35 fow and the wife caught a nice largemouth..that was it. It has been a crazy winter at Pleasant. I have caught a few crappie this winter there, maybe a half dozen, one at 50+ feet?
Genesis 27:3  Now then, get your weapons,your quiver and bow,and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Offline Rocko

• ahhhh
Re: Searched for crappie at Pleasant
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 09:40 AM »
Wow! 35 feet in 60 degree water temp.  Well  I guess we know there are a few left in there but nothing like the old days, but i guess nothing is.  Thanks for the reply. 
Rocky

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal