Author Topic: fish on the 4/6/19  (Read 3020 times)

Offline crappiecoonass

fish on the 4/6/19
« on: April 08, 2019, 10:02 AM »
fishing sally may from 0700 to 1030 , 7 bass ,  big crappie in about 10 to 12 feet of water
with minnow . the water is up from a week ago about 4 feet . 

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
Re: fish on the 4/6/19
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 09:55 PM »
I fished Roosevelt on Saturday and the water on the East ramp of Windy Hill was just to the same level as the walk on ramp for the dock.  When I launched on Sunday morning, the walk on for the ramp was under about 6-8 inches of water, so the lake is still rising significantly as the snow melt is running down.  I don't think it's going to stop until that snowmelt clears, since the ground is saturated from all the previous rainstorms....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:14 AM »
Hey thanks for the report, water level now at 73%. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 05:05 PM »
it shows on the SRP report the lake has come up just about 2' in the last 7 days.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 07:26 AM »
crappiecoonass, when you have fished up near school house, I presume school house launch is usable? do you know if the dock is in the water? couple years ago the dock broke and TNF needed to order parts for it and for over a year nothing was done to repair it as the lake dropped?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 07:29 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline meatwagon

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 05:13 PM »
crappiecoonass, when you have fished up near school house, I presume school house launch is usable? do you know if the dock is in the water? couple years ago the dock broke and TNF needed to order parts for it and for over a year nothing was done to repair it as the lake dropped?
The dock was in the water on the 5th when we launched and they pulled it up while we were fishing tso the walkway was dry when we took out that evening. Not much debris either, but the wind could change that daily.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 06:00 AM »
The dock was in the water on the 5th when we launched and they pulled it up while we were fishing tso the walkway was dry when we took out that evening. Not much debris either, but the wind could change that daily.

Thanks, ya that wind if it comes from the northwest can make school house an SOB to try and launch or tie up. The guys fishing Saturday said the grapevine dock was the same way you had to wade through water to get to the dock from the ramp it had slipped down on the walkway

Offline crappiecoonass

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 06:01 AM »
meat wagon , is right about school house , I like to be at winding hill for that reason . 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal