Author Topic: Minnows at rosey  (Read 3747 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Minnows at rosey
« on: April 10, 2019, 10:23 PM »
Can someone verify that the stores up there have minnows in stock tomorrow? My only option to get minnows is to take an extended lunch tomorrow or get them at the stores OTW up. I would hate to find out they don't have any when I get up there.

On a side note... Anyone know if Bass Pro carries minnows? I know Cabela's does, but that's a long drive from work.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Minnows at rosey
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Liars Korner in Mesa has them - call (480) 986-2515 to confirm hours of operation and availability
Bass Pro Shop also had them but also should call ahead of time to make sure they are in stock - I'm guessing theirs are less bought don't know the shape they are in.

M&S Marine on the 188 near Roosevelt Lake has had them before but you'd want to call to check availability and hours: (928) 467-2351

For minnows in Globe, you can contact Ron Massey at 480-694-5207.  He was formerly known as D&R Baits and sold minnows out of his house off US60 and Greenfield but now lives in Globe.  Text him in advance and he may be able to help you out as well.  However, if you set something up with him just make sure it's clear when/where/etc. you are picking them up.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:23 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, but those are all out of the way for me.  I live in North Phoenix and work downtown. :-\

I will call several locations and see what they have though. Jakes Corner is the one I usually stop at when I come in.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Called BPS and they said they have them in stock and do sell them (2.99 a dozen). No idea if they're good in size or anything, but small minnow is better than no minnow!

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 03:39 PM »
Just for reference Phreek, M & S Marina is only 3 miles east of the Grapevine turnoff. Open 9-5

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 03:43 PM »
I know I could always call ahead, but I'm always concerned that they won't have any left when I get up there so I always like to try and load up here.

Any idea what they charge for minnows up there? I paid almost $9 for 2 dozen at Bartlett earlier this week. Not sure I want to pay that much again!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Unless things have changed Jakes corner quit selling minnows back when the sold the store :dontknow: Buddy bought some minnows several weeks ago at BPS and said they were terrible very small :banghead: might just of been a bad batch. Go for a drive Wild horse bar at Lake Pleasant road sells minnows and they always have quality inventory. Thing about MS marine they don't open very early or stay open late :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal