Author Topic: Here we go again with SRP inceasing releases from Bartlett  (Read 7402 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Here we go again with SRP inceasing releases from Bartlett
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2019, 09:57 AM »
I know the ones up the river have TONS of shad to eat, so I feel like getting them to bite might be tough.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2019, 04:50 PM »
I was hoping Bartlett might be clearing up? drove over two canals yesterday running errands finally stopped at one got out and the water in the canals from Bartlett is still just absolutely dark brown!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Bob

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2019, 06:31 PM »
The lake is still dingy but the spawning spots I know of should be working for them.  Best thing I think for the spawn is the lake is not falling enough to ruin nests, and shouldn't be through this spawn if the current horseshoe release stays the same until it mostly empty.  The incoming warm water from horseshoe is not cooling the Bartlett temps.  Could be a very good spawn this year.   

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2019, 08:50 PM »
Ya lake is going to go up now which is a lot better than down, May 11th SRP will start to release water from Saguaro for he tubers so will be interesting how things balance out.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Razor

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 08:49 AM »
Anyone having any luck?  Heading there Friday hoping things have picked up. 

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Haven't been out there in over a month. Getting a new motor put in my truck, so I haven't been able to pull the boat anywhere!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Haven't been out there in over a month. Getting a new motor put in my truck, so I haven't been able to pull the boat anywhere!

New motor in the truck?

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 10:41 AM »
New motor in the truck?

Yup, new motor. I was a victim of Chevy's Active Fuel Management (AFM) and my 6th cylinder lifter got stuck which ultimately resulted in the push rod getting bent and destroying the lifter (which was my fault for driving it with a stuck lifter). Additionally, the spark plugs in cylinder 6 and 1 had oil on them, and cylinder 7 was burning the plugs.

A new motor installed was about $1200 more than to repair/rebuild my current motor, so I went that route. AFM system had to be replaced, which included a new VLOM, new high pressure oil pump, new lifters, new rods, and potentially a new camshaft. New motor doesn't have AFM so I'll always run with all 8 cylinders and it comes with a 100k mile/3 year warranty on all long block parts. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 04:54 PM »
WOW!! thought your chevy was fairly new? no warranty? those years were 5 yr 100,000 drive train warranty I thought? big bill.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 05:05 PM »
WOW!! thought your chevy was fairly new? no warranty? those years were 5 yr 100,000 drive train warranty I thought? big bill.

No, not really new. It's a 2011 with 129,000 miles. I've had it about 6 years now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal