Author Topic: 2019 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic at Alamo Lake  (Read 348 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
2019 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic at Alamo Lake
« on: April 15, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Per AZCA member vote, the 2019 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic will be held at Alamo Lake on Oct 12.  AZCA members and non-members, please reply here if you think you'll attend as we need an approximate headcount to reserve campsites.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Re: 2019 Bob Hirsch Crappie Classic at Alamo Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 09:10 AM »
I'll be there
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 09:16 AM »
I'm trying to get the whole fam out for this but it's wife's birthday so may be a difficult task.  My birthday is the day after but that doesn't hold much weight

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 09:24 AM »
I haven't made it to one yet, but I would love to try. I just won't know until we get closer.
Between my elk hunt in September and decorating for Halloween and Christmas, it will be tough.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 02:40 PM »
I'll be there. :blob1:

Offline Gizmo4041

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 01:43 PM »
Im curious and have a couple questions, Bob Hirsch actually showed myself And dad how to catch crappie at Roosevelt,back up in the brush using cane or long extendable poles. And having talks with Bob's son Steven while fishing about Bob's love for  Roosevelt lake I just don't understand why you would have a tournament honoring Bob at Alamo. Just curious

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 05:04 PM »
Hi Dick,

Thank you for your post & very valid question.

If you wouldnít mind, can we get back to you with an answer to your question sometime next week?  Most of our officers & club members are heading to Lake Mary tomorrow for our club meeting on Saturday.  That way we can give you a good answer to the question at hand.

Thanks Again,

Larry
cousinlll

Offline FishMan

• AZCA Members
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Hi Dick,

My personal opinion, is that my recollection of Bob was that of a conservationist and lover of the great outdoors for our amazing state of Arizona, not just of Roosevelt.  He shared this love by being an educator and teacher of fishing. My personal experience with Bob was that of him teaching me about fly fishing the Rim waters....it wasnít even Crappie related. As someone who painfully fished many Rosevelt tournaments to catch 2, 1, and even 0 Crappie I was quite excited to hear of the location shift. From what limited experience I had with Mr Hirsch, I would envision him being happy that Arizonans were congregating in the great outdoors, sitting by a campfire, teaching the next generation, and actually catching fish. And right now, Alamo provides us the greatest opportunity for all fisherman to do just that. Roosevelt is definitely on the rebound....letís let it continue to recover and Iím sure as a group we will be back there soon.   Tommy FishMan.   
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom