Author Topic: Rosey 4/12-4/13  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Rosey 4/12-4/13
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Well better than a month ago but tough sledding for us.  Hit some of our old areas from years ago with the water up and managed to catch fish but only one crappie on Saturday on the salt end.  Some beautiful weather though.
Watch out for rattlers, had one in camp and fishing partner ran another over on the way out of grapevine. 

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Rosey 4/12-4/13
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 09:19 PM »
Watch out for rattlers, had one in camp and fishing partner ran another over on the way out of grapevine.
Thanks for the report.  So there was a rattle snake at our campsite?  Where/when?

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:30 PM »
Thanks for the report.  So there was a rattle snake at our campsite?  Where/when?

Yes.  It was apparently at your campsite at Grapevine during the SCF....

The people in charge should have been on top of the snakapalooza going on at SCF...

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 09:13 AM »
Ya, right by Greg's truck after the weigh in and meeting.  Closest camp was Wally G's and ours, and way to close to kids and dogs for comfort so it was disposed of. 

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 09:15 AM »
Ya, right by Greg's truck after the weigh in and meeting.  Closest camp was Wally G's and ours, and way to close to kids and dogs for comfort so it was disposed of.
Wow, would have been cool to show my son.  Been a few years since I last saw one at camp (probably Apache +5 years ago)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 09:30 AM »
Wow, would have been cool to show my son.  Been a few years since I last saw one at camp (probably Apache +5 years ago)

I showed it to my brother's step daughter (weird to say that now...) and she thought it was cool. She even poked it with her finger. haha

Last one I saw was under Preston's truck at the last SCF we had at Alamo. Seems like there's always one making an appearance at SCF.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 04:40 PM »
Good thing it was not there when I was there or you would of seen a fat old man waddling and screaming like a little girl as I ran away :crybaby2: :crybaby2:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal