Author Topic: Extendable Fishing Net  (Read 4865 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Extendable Fishing Net
« on: May 12, 2019, 09:13 AM »
My Ego S2 Slider extendable fishing net (https://www.egofishing.com/s2-slider-nets/) has broken again.  This is 2nd time even after I got a new handle.  It jams in a certain position and unlatch from that size.  Does anyone have a recommendation on a good fishing net, prefer extendable, that is lightweight and has the option of rubber-style net where the hooks don't get stuck?

Offline Easy

Re: Extendable Fishing Net
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Take a look at EGO REACH "the ultimate Crappie Landing net".  Weight 2.0 lbs, Hoop 14" x 18", Handle 34" quick twist lock, Reach 8' 6" fully extended, Rating 5 lbs fully extended.
Look on "www.egonets.com.  Good luck!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 07:50 PM »
Take a look at EGO REACH "the ultimate Crappie Landing net".  Weight 2.0 lbs, Hoop 14" x 18", Handle 34" quick twist lock, Reach 8' 6" fully extended, Rating 5 lbs fully extended.
Look on "www.egonets.com.  Good luck!
Interesting, here's the link I found them: https://www.egofishing.com/reach-nets/
I like they are lighter than the the normal S2 slider.  I can't tell though if the sliding mechanism is same as the S2 slider, which is what I've had a few issues with (original and replacement one).

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Matt, I have the EGO REACH net & I like it for crappie fishing but the net isn't that big. your net is much bigger

Offline ejcrist

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 05:21 PM »
Just my $0.02 but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a Big T Duralite (https://jenkofishing.com/products/big-t-duralite-crappie-net-kits?variant=41445624780). I've only got regular size nets at the moment but plan to put Art's trolling and jigging techniques to work with the longer BnM rods I got recently. I think this net is just the ticket but it'd help if I could see one in person. I know it's on the pricey side but from what I've read about them in reviews they're very good, well built nets so I'm going to go for it. Also it has interchangeable nets so you can get a spare, or one of the different types (large openings, small openings, or rubber).

Update - Just ordered it. I'm sure it won't be here before Saturday's meeting but I'll have it at the June meeting if you want to look her over.

Gene
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:00 PM by ejcrist »
"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Junius P. Long

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 08:13 PM »
Thanks Gene, that's another good option.  I have had some issues netting a fish with my 16ft pole in one hand and net in another it's pretty difficult.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 08:57 PM »
The guy interviewing the maker in the video sounds drunk...... :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting: :lol_hitting:

Offline cgreene

• Fly Addicts
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 07:45 AM »
Ive been using the PLUSINNO fly fishing net for a few months now. Its an excellent fishing net. Id recommend it to anyone who's looking to buy a new fishing net. If youre looking for other options, you should browse around this site.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal