Author Topic: Arizona Game and Fish Volunteer Build Tue/Wed  (Read 2580 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Arizona Game and Fish Volunteer Build Tue/Wed
« on: May 12, 2019, 09:38 AM »
From https://www.facebook.com/fishaz.azgfd/

We're seeking volunteers on Monday, May 20 and Tuesday, May 21 at Roosevelt Lake Windy Hill Recreation Area Amphitheatre parking lot.

On Monday we will start at 9 a.m. and Tuesday we will start at 7 a.m. Please bring a cordless drill if you’re available to help either day. We have roughly 80 Georgia cubes left to build. Please call Bryant Dickens with any questions 623-236-7593.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 10:26 AM by OneBlade »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
From Dave Weedman, Aquatic Habitat Program Manager. One of our crew is under the weather, and forecast is calling for rain tomorrow (wahoo!! The rain, not the crew). So, we’re going to push the two work days back to Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Same times. I’m very sorry for the short notice. Hope you can still make it out. The weather should be excellent those days.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Arizona Game and Fish Volunteer Build Tue/Wed
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 06:04 AM »
Trying to get set up to go up and help, they are talking another front in tomorrow Tuesday with high winds and possible rain also, crazy weather but liking the below 100+ temps
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:08 AM by OneBlade »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Arizona Game and Fish Volunteer Build
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 03:54 PM »
The latest plan is for a one-day work day to build structures tomorrow, Tuesday May 21, from 8am to about 4pm. Come on out and lend a hand if you can. We're working near Windy Hill in the Amphitheater parking lot.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 03:56 PM »
I am heading up for part of the day and Art C, says he is going to try and make it. I volunteered to sniff glue :97:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2019, 07:08 AM »
Nice chilly morning Tuesday I was the only volunteer Art got tied up and did not make it 4 g and f fisheries people, sniffing PVC glue after a few hours you kind of forget what the hell your building :singing: I had to be back for the afternoon but another volunteer showed up as I left. They got 52 more Georgia cubes built. g and f has it down to a science now all the PVC is pre-cut and they have standardized sizing and now include spacers between the wraps of black plastic. No rattle snakes visiting this time but Dave opened a box of fittings and darn near grabbed a bark scorpion with the first couple of fittings.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 07:37 AM by Fishless »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal