Author Topic: Bartlett 5/17  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Razor

Bartlett 5/17
« on: May 17, 2019, 01:26 PM »
Fish were tight lipped today.  Caught a 2 lb. LM on the crappie rod with minnow tipped grub but that was it.  Got a couple hits but that was it.  Fished up river.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Bartlett 5/17
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Stinks to hear all these crappieless trips to Bartlett this year.
How far up the river dis you go?
We're you graphing anything?

Offline Razor

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 01:35 PM »
Didn't more than maybe 1/2 a mile to a mile up but was graphing fish from the start of the no wake buoys, just no takers.

Offline Razor

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 01:38 PM »
Taking the Grandson in a couple weeks so I hope it is better by then.  Nothing like watching a 6 year old catch fish and he likes to eat them which makes it even better.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2019, 03:07 PM »
Last time I was out there I was graphing fish and balls of shad everywhere past the no wakes. With the amount of shad, it just seemed like they had zero interest in the artificial bait.

I might be calling it on Bartlett until the summer and I can fish under lights.

Offline number7ace

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 12:05 AM »
Hi there! I'm a new member but long time reader- thank you all for the helpful posts. I've been fishing Bartlett about weekly looking for the crappie bite without any success. However, I have gotten a lot of good keeper bluegill around rockpiles using a drop shot gulp minnow (on Friday, I caught at least 5 hand size bluegill and 4 LM). Last year, I caught a handful of crappie off of rattlesnake cove- but with the water levels so high, all of those structures are much deeper now so the bite just hasn't been there. Although, one thing that has been fun is looking at google earth historical view in order to find structure that is now underwater- you can get the GPS coordinates off of google earth by clicking on the points of interest. I've at least found a handful of new spots using that method...although, no crappie yet (but it's still fun haha).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:10 AM by number7ace »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 09:32 AM »
Thanks for checking out the site!
Bartlett has been tough this year, that's for sure. One of the guys in the club did go there last week and said he was able to catch 10, but he had to work REALLY hard for them pounding submerged structure. I've been there twice this year and only have 1 crappie.

I've been doing the same thing with Google Maps. I checked it out and found some nice looking rock piles and found them all covered in water. I'm going to try and use that this summer when I go night fishing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal