Author Topic: Boat Launching at San Carlos???  (Read 4205 times)

Offline ffp1711

Boat Launching at San Carlos???
« on: March 02, 2011, 06:39 PM »
I have been launching my little 14' boat at Soda Canyon thois year.  Is there a closer place to the flotilla to launch.  Wasn't sure if Mojave ramp is usable below the concrete or not??  Headed out in the morning for a few hours.  thanks

Offline dieselaw

Re: Boat Launching at San Carlos???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 07:50 PM »
I heard the lake is 10' lower than last year this time, so I wouldn't count on it. Mojave is going to be my bet this year and I have a lot more to boat to launch. Good luck, and let us know.

Piscolli

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:08 PM »
more like 20'. Soda is the only ramp in the water. Shore launch from Mohave may require 4X4

Offline ffp1711

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:44 PM »
You can launch at Mojave.  I launched at Soda Cyn, but half the flotilla launched at Mojave.  Caught 12 today from 8-noon

Offline USMC79

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 02:26 PM »
1711, what day did you catch the dozen?  I've got a 14 foot aluminum with 4wd, I think I'll try at Mojave....

Offline spotter0502

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 02:52 PM »
launched at mohave yesterday, 3/3 I have a 4x4 truck but didnt need it. The road in is TERRIBLE (I wouldnt drive my car on it) Caught only 10 crappies but only because I am stubborn and continue to troll my usual baits. The guys slow drifting with the long poles and ONLY minnows on did well (one boat had 39 crappies- only one fisherman !!! advised him of limits - he didnt seem to care) most fish were in 20-22 ft but most BITING fish were in 16-17 ft (saw less on graph but they were feeders) suspect they were the early spawners and those not quite ready were holding at 22 ft.

Offline ffp1711

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 04:50 PM »
My wife and I caught 12 yesterday (3/3).  Brought home 10 as my basket had a hole in it and I watched 2 drop out the bottom and swim back to the flotilla

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 07:28 AM »
when we were there yesterday there were at least 3 different areas along that north shore where people were launching good size boats even before mohave point area (which was a zoo) and several areas on the south side where people were camping
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal