Author Topic: Plez 6/15/19  (Read 2628 times)

Offline CraptastiC

• AZCA Members
Plez 6/15/19
« on: June 16, 2019, 11:11 AM »
Had a good time at the club meeting! And a great time fishing afterwards!!
Fished Aqua fria arm. 45ft of water with minnows 15ft down. Caught 30 in 3 hrs.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Plez 6/15/19
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Wow, nice job! Do you fish that lake a lot - how did you know where to fish?

Offline CraptastiC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 12:10 PM »
Me and PhishNPhreak fished there last summer and did ok. Trying to get out there more. Looking forward to seeing the reports from the other club members who were out there last night.

Offline Azstick_and_string

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 02:33 PM »
Nice haul! How was the boat traffic on the lake? I've only been to Pleasant once, but the line to get on the lake was crazy long!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 06:45 PM »
Nice haul! How was the boat traffic on the lake? I've only been to Pleasant once, but the line to get on the lake was crazy long!

week days are not bad and on weekends if you feel comfortable navigating at night with a spot light or nav map on your graph even on weekends after dark it is quiet, during the day on a weekend it is insanity.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 01:47 AM »

I live about 30 minutes from the south ramps, so I'm able to make a quick trip to the lake for some night fishing. When I go on the weekdays, it's pretty nice. During the summer I'll try to head out there on Wednesday nights to catch a night bite for a few hours. There's almost no line at the ramp, parking is great, and boat traffic is almost non-existent.

However, because it was a Saturday, it was pretty hectic. We got to the lake as all the day boaters were leaving, so the ramp was kind of a mess. When we pulled up there 6 boats waiting in line to pick-up their boat at the ramp. I think we waited about 15 minutes to launch. Once we launched, the line was still just as long, if not longer.

I think the wait time to launch and load have to do with the time you show up and which ramp you choose to launch from. There are 4 different ramps you can use, so if you go to one that everyone decided to use that day, it can really suck.

Offline CraptastiC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 08:32 PM »
I always launch from the north ramp and yes there were a handful of boats coming off the lake when we were heading out but it was very manageable. I was more surprised how busy the dock was at 2am Sunday when we were done! A little patience goes a long way. Plus watching drunk guys try to load a boat is my new favorite spectator sport.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal