Author Topic: 6/15 at Plez - Night Bite was ON!  (Read 2318 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
6/15 at Plez - Night Bite was ON!
« on: June 17, 2019, 02:16 AM »
The club had our June meeting up at Wild Horse West restaurant yesterday and was followed by some night fishing at Pleasant. I hadn't heard anything on crappie reports for Pleasant this year, but last year I managed to get into a school of them while striper fishing and caught a couple off anchovies up the river. I wasn't going to let that happen this year so I loaded up my crappie gear, paid for "3 dozen" minnows (It was more like 6 dozen), and took my brother and his wife out for the trip.

We reached the area I wanted to fish around 6 and was able to find some suspended fish in 45 feet of water. I cruised around a little bit until I was able to find a submerged tree and anchored up just as the sun went down. Got the lights out and we were getting hits within 10 minutes of getting out lines in the water.

We basically fished from 8:15 - 12:45 and boated around 45 crappie and a dozen or so bass. When we left the bite was still on, but my brother and his wife were sleeping and the minnows were getting light. We kept 16 crappie and threw the rest back. Most of the crappie we caught were between the 11-12 inch length, but we did manage to get 3 that were over 13 inches.

We also managed to have 3 different "doubles". And not your normal double where 2 people catch at the same time. I mean, we had one line catch 2 fish at the same time! I had it happen once where I brought up a bass and a crappie and my brother's wife did it twice. Once was a bass and crappie and the other time was 2 crappie.

It was a pretty fun trip and with Pleasant only being a 30 minute trip for me, I'm half tempted to do some weekday night trips when the lake traffic is nil.

Madi and Travis sitting around the green light waiting for the bite to happen

My double catch on 1 line with different species!

Madi's double catch on 1 line with different species while Travis landed a crappie at the same time

Kept 16 crappie and 9 bass from the 60ish fish we caught

Biggest fish on the night was about 13.5". We had 3 total over 13".
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:50 AM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Re: 6/15 at Plez - Night Bite was ON!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 08:45 AM »
Nice job Phreek! Thats a great haul and little bigger than what I'm used to out there.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: 6/15 at Plez - Night Bite was ON!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 09:53 AM »
I'm willing to be they're about 1 year bigger than you remember.  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal