Author Topic: Habitat project has started at Bartlett lake  (Read 4634 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Habitat project has started at Bartlett lake
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2019, 02:06 PM »
Never mind... It's part of the Fish AZ Facebook page, not the main GnF page. Found it. Thanks!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2019, 04:36 PM »
Crappie holding at 70'???? :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2019, 04:37 PM »
Crappie holding at 70'???? :dontknow:

The scan shows that they're at 30' of water.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2019, 05:15 PM »
talked with Dave at g and f those guys worked their butts off they have completed and deployed all the habitat they had money to buy and build, They are updating their GPS info now. They hope to get more $$ for Rosy and Bartlett this year (just hope they can get it in the fall) so public help to build the habitat would be in the winter or early spring when the weather is nice. Those guys did all the building during the middle of the week in the heat :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline AGFDHabitat

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 07:51 AM »
We were out looking at some of the habitat sites on Monday. Large numbers of fish were holding on most of the structures. Attached are a few pics we took of the sonar.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 08:30 AM »
We were out looking at some of the habitat sites on Monday. Large numbers of fish were holding on most of the structures. Attached are a few pics we took of the sonar.
That's great AGFDHabitat!  Hey, by the way, I saw someone posted on Facebook having issues with the Northing and Easting UTM coordinates (some were on land?) but had no issues with the Latitude & Longitude decimal degree values.  I didn't verify if there was any issue or not but was wondering if you knew the original coordinate system you guys used was the UTM or Lat/Lon values.  Figured when I enter them in my fish finder I'd use the exact source data instead of anything that was converted so I don't end up with any small errors (making it more difficult to find the actual habitat).

Offline AGFDHabitat

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 10:55 AM »
My GPS is in Position Format (UTM UPS) and the Map datum is (NAD83). From that we converted the coordinates to decimal degrees using an online conversion tool. Hopefully this helps folks get there settings the way we have them when making the map.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal