Author Topic: Alamo  (Read 3069 times)

Offline Azstick_and_string

Alamo
« on: July 04, 2019, 07:43 PM »
I'm going to head to Alamo tomorrow for the first trip of the year there...will anyone else from the forum be battling the heat there?

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Alamo
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 09:30 AM »
I'm not, and I'm not sure a many of the other guys are. Seems like a lot of them went up north. Something about it being hot... haha

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 04:41 PM »
Most people hide during the day in a/c and either fish real early in the a.m. or fish at night, weather is probably decent at night other than the bugs attracted to lights but with no monsoon should be peaceful at night?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 05:27 PM »
Go get em AzStick and String. Hope you slay em good.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 02:52 PM »
It was a warm one and struggle to keep the minnows alive. I only put one crappie in the boat and a couple of xyz fish. It was still better than working, but I'll have to give it another go in the next few weeks.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 06:12 PM »
thanks for the report, was the lake busy being a holiday weekend? I imagine with the lake up the allow skiing always wondered how many wake board boats show up there?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 03:17 PM »
Thanks for the report.  Those Engel coolers work pretty well keeping the minnows alive, although I haven't been out there in that sort of heat.

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 05:00 PM »
Thanks for the insight oneblade. No, the boat traffic was fairly dead. I think i saw one boat pulling a tube.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal