Author Topic: Tires  (Read 5469 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Tires
« on: July 22, 2019, 04:39 PM »
So I ACTUALLY got the boat out of the garage and went to Lake Mary with the club this past week end but had a bit of trouble on the way there and the way back.  I am, actually was running Commodore ST215/75R14 on my Triton trailer, they were about 3ish years old.  I have heard that you need to change your tires about every 3 years or so here in AZ.  I guess I got lucky with my old Goodyear Marathons because I had about 8ish years on them with NO issues.  So what brand tires are y 'all running and would you buy them again?

A big shout out to Stevert who helped my on the way back down the hill.  He graciously stopped to help and even took me to Big O tire to pick up a new tire and back to my truck with a floor jack (that's another even longer story.  It's a 205/75R14 but it fits and got me home.  If it wasn't for him I would have had to have my boat towed to my house and that would have not been cheep even though I was only 35 miles from home.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Tires
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 05:45 PM »
I’ve went back to Goodyear a few years ago. I put the new then Endurance trailer tires on both my boat & fifth wheel a few years ago. So far so good. But this is why I carry 2 spare tires for both my boat & fifth wheel as I’ve had trip to both Lake Mary & Alamo when I needed to use both spares!!

Here’s your pic to remind you of your pain...... Didn’t hurt that beautiful boat of yours did it?

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/endurance
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 05:47 PM by cousinlll »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 06:58 PM »
I have Hartland Radial ST ST205/75R14 I got from Discount Tire.  No issues with 2-3 Powell trips: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/hartland-st-radial
https://tirereviewsandmore.com/hartlland-st-radial-reviews/

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 07:09 PM »
Stay away from Carlisle they are junk discount for the second time has quit carrying them due to issues I have two new ?? on my boat form discount can't remember the brand name but they are 81mph rated and so far (knock on wood) been OK
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 11:34 PM »
I had Carlisle on my 5th wheel for about 3 years. When the Goodyear Endurance became available, I swapped to those.

The boat also had Carlisle, but run it with Heartland now.

Out of the new tires (5 Goodyear- 2 Heartland) zero problems. The Heartland have more miles, and are wearing better than the Goodyear
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 07:34 AM »
The 17 had tire debris all over the place the entire length...don’t think you were alone this weekend.  Sorry Mac....that sucks. Captain Stevert to the rescue.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 09:54 AM »
So I ACTUALLY got the boat out of the garage and went to Lake Mary with the club this past week end but had a bit of trouble on the way there and the way back.  I am, actually was running Commodore ST215/75R14 on my Triton trailer, they were about 3ish years old.  I have heard that you need to change your tires about every 3 years or so here in AZ.  I guess I got lucky with my old Goodyear Marathons because I had about 8ish years on them with NO issues.  So what brand tires are y 'all running and would you buy them again?

A big shout out to Stevert who helped my on the way back down the hill.  He graciously stopped to help and even took me to Big O tire to pick up a new tire and back to my truck with a floor jack (that's another even longer story.  It's a 205/75R14 but it fits and got me home.  If it wasn't for him I would have had to have my boat towed to my house and that would have not been cheep even though I was only 35 miles from home.

It was no bother at all Mac.  Glad to have helped.

Stevert

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 10:28 AM »
I just looked that is what I have Hartland ST radials I go to the lake a lot more than most with quite a bit on freeways etc. will see how these do compared to the Carlisle junkers :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 10:47 AM »
I just put new Goodyear Endurance tires on the Nitro a couple of months ago at Discount Tire.  I had Carlisle Radial Trail's on it but after 3 years, one had separated. Discount inspected the spare and the other tire and found they were not going to hold up.   The Carlisle tires had a six year warranty on them so Discount Tire replaced all three with Goodyear's for $94. $450.00 worth of tires for $94, I hope they last a while.   

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2019, 11:07 AM »
I've had this happen 3 times on my Triton trailer, and it's always during AZCA events. haha

I don't remember what tires I have right now, but I got them at Costco. All the ones I've gotten before were from Discount. I feel like they're Goodyear though. I've always thought that the more you use the tires the longer they'll last. Something about the oil inside the rubber moving around to keep them fresh.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal