Author Topic: Tires  (Read 5468 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: Tires
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2019, 09:34 PM »
Goodyear Endurance it is then!  Thanks everyone.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 07:03 PM »
I ended up at Discount today and they had the tires in stock.  I purchased the Goodyear Endurance tires, two of them OTD was $330. Now to fix the wiring cause the blow-outs trashed the brake wiring on both sides.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2021, 05:21 PM »
Looks like a few folks went with Goodyear Endurance and some have Hartland. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with either of these brands, well except I had blowout on Saturday with my Hartland Radial ST Max ST 205/75R14.  But.....  I looked at age of tires they were manufactured 22nd week of 2015??!!  I really didn't think they were that old going to ask Discount Tire when I had them installed I wonder if they were a year or two old by the time I had them installed or have I really been driving on 6 year old tires?

Max load rating on my Hartlands are 1750lbs with max press of 50PSI. Did I mention I weighed my boat and trailer at weigh scale a few months ago and it weighs 3400lbs.  Hmmmm, that lines up too perfectly.

I'm not sure but looking online the Goodyear Endurance may have load range 'd' at 2039lbs and max press 65PSI.  If that's the case, I'm going with Goodyear Endurance.  Anyone with Goodyear Endurance confirm those numbers?

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2021, 06:21 PM »
I run the Goodyear Endurance and it's an excellent tire.  You may have seen them on my boat this weekend.  In any event, yes and yes on your specs, although the 65psi is max load pressure.  There is a Goodyear chart that shows what your psi should be based on actual load.  I have a tandem axle for my tank of a boat and I run all 4 at roughly 60psi.

When it comes time to replace these, I'll get the same thing...

Offline meatwagon

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2021, 09:34 AM »
X2 for the endurance d load range, I have been running them for going on 3yrs and no problems at all.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 05:53 AM »
Thanks for suggestions - I ended up getting the Goodyear Endurance.  The Hartlands are a tad cheaper, 50PSI max press, and 1750lbs max weight.  The Goodyear Endurance are 65PSI max press and 2040lbs max weight.  I never had a problem with the Hartlands though until this last blowout, but I verified with Discount Tire that I really did purchase them in 2015 so they were overdue to be changed. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 07:42 AM »
Matt I am about due for tires so far Hartland has been OK, are you rims 14" just wondering if they have the smaller 14" tire for a tracker boat in the Goodyear?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 01:03 PM »
Matt I am about due for tires so far Hartland has been OK, are you rims 14" just wondering if they have the smaller 14" tire for a tracker boat in the Goodyear?
I assume 14", my Hartlands were ST 205/75R14

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2021, 08:06 AM »
Thanks
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal