Author Topic: Let's Talk Fishin September 14 Crappie Tournament at Roosevelt Lake  (Read 3157 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Let's Talk Fishin (LTF) has published their crappie tournament schedule for this season going from Sept 2019 through May 2020. 

The first tournament in this season is September 14, 2019 at Roosevelt Lake Windy Hill, Badger boat ramp area.

This is not an Arizona Crappie Association sponsored event.  This is being shared by the Arizona Crappie Association as it may be of interested to club members and visitors of this site.  If you have any questions regarding this event, please reach out to Let's Talk Fishin via the contact info below.

Please visit www.letstalkfishin.com and under Tournaments --> Crappie tournament you can view the rules and submit your entry form.  I believe you can also show up on the day of the tournament and join the tournament then, however please confirm with LTF tournament director Tracy Purtee to be sure.

For more info contact Tracy Purtee at 928-978-3659 or email letstalkfishin@gmail.com.

As a courtesy, we are providing the entire schedule below but always check www.letstalkfishin.com to confirm.

September 14 2019 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger
October 19 2019 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger
November 2 2019 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger
December 7 2019 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger
January 18 2020 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger*
February 15 2020 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger*
March 14  2020 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger*
April 18 2020 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger*
May 30 2020 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger*
May 31 2020 – Roosevelt Lake-Windy Hill-Badger* Championship

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Let's Talk Fishin September 14 Crappie Tournament at Roosevelt Lake
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Reminder the LTF crappie fishing tournament is this weekend, Sept 14th.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 04:58 PM »
Hope eveyone got off the lake safely they just had a huge thunderstorm roll thru there a little while ago, be interesting who fished and who won.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Gizmo4041

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 11:10 AM »
yea we all made it off the lake ok

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 05:41 PM »
That's good, just looked at the website, no results posted yet for yesterday
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 06:07 AM »
If I read the results right, two boats fished Art C. and one other boat and no crappie weighed in :dontknow:

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 06:13 AM »
If I read the results right, two boats fished Art C. and one other boat and no crappie weighed in :dontknow:

That’s how I read it also. Is that correct Gizmo?  What time did you get chased off the lake by the storm?

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 07:55 AM »
I fished the bass tournament and the storm really picked up around 230pm.  We headed to the ramp at 245pm and it was tough sledding through massive swells.

As for the crappie tournament, I believe it was 2 boats and no crappie weighed in.  I know the crappie bite has been tough this summer, but I wouldn't have expected both boats to come home empty handed.

Offline Gizmo4041

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 05:21 PM »
That storm hit about 2:45 just as I was loading up. The bay at windy hill got nasty real fast.
But was fishing the Tonto end, fished hard all day and not 1 single crappie, I kept looking across the lake seeing arts boat and thinking man I hope they are doing better than us. Art across the lake was saying the same thing, but Art or I had crappie to wieght in.I have only caught
3 crappie in the last month. It's tough out there

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 05:30 PM »
Thanks for the report, this year has been terrible on a lot of lakes for a lot of species.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal