Author Topic: Bartlett Lake Habitat Pictures  (Read 1869 times)

Offline AGFDHabitat

Bartlett Lake Habitat Pictures
« on: August 27, 2019, 09:48 AM »
AZGFD went out yesterday to monitor the habitat structures. We didn't see any crappie holding on them yet, but we think its only a matter of time. Here are a few pictures of the structures.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Bartlett Lake Habitat Pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Disappointing that it's mostly bluegill, but pretty awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Offline AGFDHabitat

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 07:52 AM »
We are pretty excited about it. These structures were installed August 6th. We are already seeing a lot of activity over them. Its a matter of time until crappie start hanging around them. I have a feelng crappie lights in September with no moon out will have a lot of success over these structures.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 09:05 AM »
We are pretty excited about it. These structures were installed August 6th. We are already seeing a lot of activity over them. Its a matter of time until crappie start hanging around them. I have a feelng crappie lights in September with no moon out will have a lot of success over these structures.

Did you dive the habitat or just drop a camera down? hard to say are those decent size sunfish or does the camera distort them?

Water needs to drop some more then the crappie will move into the new condos
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline AGFDHabitat

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 12:47 PM »
We dropped a camera down. We caught a few of the bluegill and green sunfish. Most were 4-5 inches, a few were 7-8 inches.

Offline AGFDHabitat

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 02:52 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal